Quest profile creation video tutorial

eeny

16 minutes ago, eeny said:

So, i had a few drinks and decided that a quest profile creation tutorial was in order.

Result: https://youtu.be/A5IQSnhejS8

Hope this helps...someone, might make a better one

Nice job.

Good that i've looked into the forum, cuz i was about to create a quest profile guide today. :biggrin:

• Droidz locked, unlocked and pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

where would I find written instruction for making quests profiles? I need something to go along with the video to understand what I'm doing. I have been failing at quester profile making and it's something I really wanna learn how to do to provide some nice profiles for the community. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Found it.

• 6 months later...
Greetings. You could make a mini guide to Quest editor. I have watched videos, but they are too basic. I would like to prepare the World Missions, but I can not initiate them. Example: Piracy Does not Pay. Thank you.

• 6 months later...

Did something changed? Am trying to do all this as is in video, but my test run ends when bot click npc, accept Q, and than click npc again, again, again, dont go to pulse step.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, payyn518 said:

Sounds like you didn't set the objectives up on the quest correctly. Does the quest have an objective, if yes, put true, then add how many objectives. 

The first quest worked perfectly, but the second one which is Lions for lambs (which is also kill and loot) doesnt work... I followed the exact same steps on the video and how I did the first quest.

On 21/10/2016 at 2:43 PM, Reaper666 said:

where would I find written instruction for making quests profiles? I need something to go along with the video to understand what I'm doing. I have been failing at quester profile making and it's something I really wanna learn how to do to provide some nice profiles for the community. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Found it.

Where?

5 hours ago, payyn518 said:

do you mind sharing the profile on discord or on here?

Its super basic I just want to make my own 1-60 for humans. If you can help me then I'd be greatful for some pointers or tips on how to make quests function

HumanStart.xml

EDIT: My Discord is: Gandalf the White#5014 If you are able to possibly guide me on what not to do and stuff so i dont mess up, id pay you for your time.

• 8 months later...

Hello guys, I just started to make my own quest profiles with Easy Profile Creater.

How do I include travel via 1k needle lift, or boat during questing (When need to change continent)? Also, character just not using flight masters at all... is walking across continents for hours, or walking off cliff at 1k needles lol, how do I fix my profile that he uses flightmasters when appriorate?

Greetings