Quest Tutorial Video: Basic Concepts Gatherer

eeny

7 minutes ago, Labseries said:

There's no gatherer setup though?

What do you mean?  at 7:40 i swap the quest type over to gatherer for that specific quest

The profile itself will be a "quester profile"  the Quest subroutines inside that profile can be whatever you like.

EDIT: do you want a tutorial on how to make a gatherer profile?

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, koolkaracter said:

Does this version of the profile creator no longer allow you to do alot of this?  I dont get all those screens... and I can only make a grinder... no option for anything else.  What gives?

Yuu need to be in the "quester" product to open the quest profile creator.  If you select grinderer and try make a profile... you will only make grind profiles.

5 hours ago, eeny said:

Yuu need to be in the "quester" product to open the quest profile creator.  If you select grinderer and try make a profile... you will only make grind profiles.

Aww... thanks so much i finally got it!!!!  

Quick 2 questions, So when i change to a different zone far away, will it automatically use hearthstone and/or use flight path and/or fly to the new location, or do I have to do something specific in the coding?   I tried to follow the info here 

But it didn't seem to really explain.   

second question - Is there a user manual or something that explains what each field does?  Some of the fields in the GUI aren't easy to figure out what they do.  I tried looking and I couldn't find one.   Thanks!

3 hours ago, koolkaracter said:

Aww... thanks so much i finally got it!!!!  

Quick 2 questions, So when i change to a different zone far away, will it automatically use hearthstone and/or use flight path and/or fly to the new location, or do I have to do something specific in the coding?   I tried to follow the info here 

But it didn't seem to really explain.   

second question - Is there a user manual or something that explains what each field does?  Some of the fields in the GUI aren't easy to figure out what they do.  I tried looking and I couldn't find one.   Thanks!

1. not hs - that have to be forced with a speficic code, FP yes if you have set the bot up "to use fp"

2. The quick answer is no, there are a guide somewhere explaining some stuff here and there, but not like 1 thats just have all the answers

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for the tutorial eeny, but i got a question.
I want to create a quester profile that do WOTLK daily quests, so, do i need to do one profile per zone or can i just add all the quests and then the bot will go in the second zone if the first one is completed?

13 minutes ago, sow said:

I want to create a quester profile that do WOTLK daily quests, so, do i need to do one profile per zone or can i just add all the quests and then the bot will go in the second zone if the first one is completed?

I only play retail so you may find different.  It does depend on the mesh's and how far the bot has to go.  95% of the time thats OK and the bot will do a long move to pick up the next daily.  in my 68-80 profile on retail i have the bot move from Zuldrak > Sholazar with no special runcode so its certainly doable.

Put it all in 1 profile and see, it will porb work.

1 hour ago, sow said:

So, your going to need to make a travel profile to travel from one zone to the next, and your going to have to call on it in the functions Load profile, Once loaded it should run it to the next zone, once there get it to load your next zones daily quest profile.

A) Make a Profile for each zone, and its Dailies.

B) Make Travel profiles from one zone to the next.

C) Do a zone > Travel To Profile > Do the Zone > Travel To profile > Next zone etc.. and so on so fourth. you can use the quester like a grinder. just get it to follow waypoints all the way to the next zone. Might work..

Inside quest tools, on the bottom, there is a path creator that marks waypoints. you could use

wManager.Wow.Bot.Tasks.GoToTask.ToPosition(new Vector3(38.23928f, 10.52102f, -4.297345f)); 

**Use this in a RunCode Statement. Add a new line with new Vectors for each hotspot you want to follow Until you get to the end then run 
your next profile, I havent tried it out yet as im not in the process of making anything haha.

or you could Try and use followpath as a quest type ? maybe....