stuck at selling

BetterSister

Thats the point mentioned couple days ago, the problem is here the NPC DB. The Whole concept of this NPC DB is a bit stupid, the Bot dosent know if we can Buy Food & Drinks and that "XXX" Vendor, it should be reworked.

If you level, this Bot is really useless if it comes to buy Drinks & Food on a Vendor.

Droidz should be make a Option if we want use the NPC DB or not, and just use the Vendors thats be added in the Profile. Otherwise recoding the NPC DB and add values, so the bot knows i cant buy food at a Repair Vendor lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'll try to found solution.

But problem was caused by option (in advanced settings) "Automatically add NPCs to database". WRobot go to nearest npc vendor to buy food/drink, if the vendor haven't your food/drink, wrobot is stuck. (to resolve it, disable this option, clean 'NPC DB' (tab tools) and add manually your vendor/repairs).

44 minutes ago, Droidz said:

Wait next update, I have changed settings, now you can select npcs at add to database by type (vendors is disabled by default):

WRobot.vshost_2016-08-21_19-22-41.png

Thanks for that quick Update, but how is this resolving our issue?

We need still to delete/clear our NPC Database first, to use only our Specific Vendors.
Or i am missing a point?

If you get problem, yes clean your NPC DB, for it, 
- If you want remove all, closes all WRobot windows, go to folder "\WRobot\Data\" and remove file "NpcDB.xml".
- If you want remove only vendors and keep your others NPCs like this (click on "Del" key to remove): 2016-08-21_20-38-27.mp4

After, add vendor of your food/drinkin "NPC DB" or your profil manually.

19 hours ago, Droidz said:

If you get problem, yes clean your NPC DB, for it, 
- If you want remove all, closes all WRobot windows, go to folder "\WRobot\Data\" and remove file "NpcDB.xml".
- If you want remove only vendors and keep your others NPCs like this (click on "Del" key to remove): 2016-08-21_20-38-27.mp4

After, add vendor of your food/drinkin "NPC DB" or your profil manually.

So just a resume, if i share a Profile and i want the Bot should just use my vendors in the Profile, then i need to tell the Users that using my Profile to delete first the NPCDB.xml otherwise they have problems if they keep their NPCDB.
How is this Userfriendly in case of Usability ? :mellow:

Wouldnt be not a better solution if he just use the Vendors their are specified in the Profile?

Sure, the concept of the NPCDB would be useless then, but in my opinion its way better the Profile Creator chooses the Vendors, Repair, Mailbox NPC, otherwise we have this Problem what we actually have. Nothing really changes here with this Update.

I dont want to be rude here, just to make wRobot more Userfriendly.

On 22/08/2016 at 4:32 PM, Dreamful said:

So just a resume, if i share a Profile and i want the Bot should just use my vendors in the Profile, then i need to tell the Users that using my Profile to delete first the NPCDB.xml otherwise they have problems if they keep their NPCDB.
How is this Userfriendly in case of Usability ? :mellow:

Wouldnt be not a better solution if he just use the Vendors their are specified in the Profile?

Sure, the concept of the NPCDB would be useless then, but in my opinion its way better the Profile Creator chooses the Vendors, Repair, Mailbox NPC, otherwise we have this Problem what we actually have. Nothing really changes here with this Update.

I dont want to be rude here, just to make wRobot more Userfriendly.

How, the profile creator can know what npc sell food/drink are used by the character of the user? And when you add vendor/repair in your profile, it is generally the more nearly and WRobot using nearby NPCs.

32 minutes ago, Droidz said:

How, the profile creator can know what npc sell food/drink are used by the character of the user? And when you add vendor/repair in your profile, it is generally the more nearly and WRobot using nearby NPCs.

The Profil Creator dosent know what food the User uses sure, but the Bot trys to Buy from a Vendor that dosent even sell food/drinks as you can see above on BetterSisters. 

The Problem with this NPCDB System is, Vendors like this on First post on Bettersister and Innkeepers are in the DB the same. 
Inkeepers always have the food/drinks with every Levelrange.

You can prioritize Innkeepers over normal Vendors, that would fix the issue, or like i mention before, just use the Vendors that are in the Profile added.

You get the problem that we have with this System?

Unbenannt.png

It is for this reason than WRobot don't add automaticly vendors now (user need to add manually vendors on "npc db", or he use vendor of profile) (of course, some users can active option "Automatically ... > Add NPCs Vendor", in the case the problem was not resolved).

• 1 month later...

Hate to Necro but I think this is a valid issue that still needs to be looked at.

While I agree 99% of the time that the default NPC-DB works perfectly.  There are some zones / phases where it is incorrect.  I think what @Dreamful is asking is needed in the bot, AKA: the ability to disable the NPC-DB without getting users to delete a file in their install they will need later for other profiles.

This should not be a default option- if it's used, it should come down to the profile creator to populate all vendors for the bot profile.

Ideally ,a profile creator would be able to run a wrobot runcode pulse to turn off the NPC vendor DB for the profile, at which point the bot will only use the vendors defined within the profile by the writer.

• 2 months later...
On 19/10/2016 at 10:04 AM, eeny said:

Hate to Necro but I think this is a valid issue that still needs to be looked at.

While I agree 99% of the time that the default NPC-DB works perfectly.  There are some zones / phases where it is incorrect.  I think what @Dreamful is asking is needed in the bot, AKA: the ability to disable the NPC-DB without getting users to delete a file in their install they will need later for other profiles.

This should not be a default option- if it's used, it should come down to the profile creator to populate all vendors for the bot profile.

Ideally ,a profile creator would be able to run a wrobot runcode pulse to turn off the NPC vendor DB for the profile, at which point the bot will only use the vendors defined within the profile by the writer.

I have keep note of it, I comeback here if I add code for this.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait next update, I have added new option "AcceptOnlyProfileNpc", to active it for session run this C# code:

wManager.Wow.Helpers.NpcDB.AcceptOnlyProfileNpc = true;

When you put 'True' at 'AcceptOnlyProfileNpc' WRobot use only NPCs of current profile.

If you add NPC manually dont forget to put 'true' at the arg 'currentProfileNpc':

wManager.Wow.Helpers.NpcDB.AddNpc(Npc npc, bool save, bool currentProfileNpc);

• 1 year later...
On 1/13/2017 at 7:21 AM, Droidz said:

Wait next update, I have added new option "AcceptOnlyProfileNpc", to active it for session run this C# code:

wManager.Wow.Helpers.NpcDB.AcceptOnlyProfileNpc = true;

When you put 'True' at 'AcceptOnlyProfileNpc' WRobot use only NPCs of current profile.

If you add NPC manually dont forget to put 'true' at the arg 'currentProfileNpc':

wManager.Wow.Helpers.NpcDB.AddNpc(Npc npc, bool save, bool currentProfileNpc);

Where do you put the code at?