WoD farm bots

eeny

This subject hasn't been directly addressed in a while.  While it is obvious with todays market that Legion herb / skin / mine bots are what will make you the most Gold Per Hour. There inst much to be said on this forum about WoD bots (non legion bots).

The following was based on my server economy and token prices- yours may vary.

$15 USD ( or less if your lucky) isn't much to get started with WoW botting.  Once you start a bot on an account- you essentially say " bye bye " to it... so 15 USD inst bad for a little experiment.  Since the 7.1 banwave rolled in- this is the WoW game I have been playing.

getting started:
This is rough- you want to level as fast as possible. Once you buy the game you have 30 days to scrape together enough gold for the 30 day WoW token.... unless you want to pay $$ for another 30 day sub.  I Honestly struggled here.  I started levelling two bots per account with relogger swapping between them and at ~ lvl 65 trimmed it down to 1 bot per acc with sped things up nicely.  Still, this was just after the 7.1 banwave so i was taking it slow.  It took ~9 out of the 30 days of staggered play to get to lvl 80 (using my horde levelling profile).

Gold farming LVL 80-85
Once you hit lvl 80 you start making some OK gold. You should have ~5K from pre CATA levelling.  In CATA I set the bot to sell EVERTHING with the exception of:

Embersilk Cloth
Volatile Earth

Really... nothing else sold on my Mid Pop Oceanic server AH.  Still the 'man hours' of posting auctions at any level is substantial. I made a few K from lvling, however no-where near the rate that was going to buy me a WoW token at the end of the month.

Gold farming LVL 85-90
Pandaria: there is a LOT of gold to be made here... just at lvl 85 you cant make it yet.  I went the Mining / Herb route and found only Mining was worth a damn.  Even then it was VERY easy to saturate the AH market with botted ores.   http://www.wowhead.com/item=89112/mote-of-harmony is your friend here.  Its 'hard'/tedious to farm so people buy it from the AH and its hovering around 10 gold per mote (100G for a spirit).  motes were easy money- and the mobs drop decent vendor trash too which gives a bump to the GPH.

I hit 90 (bought pandaria flying) and ran Seu's ore gatherer for a night ~6-8 hrs.  Its a seriously good profile which netted me just over 1000 ghost iron ore which I cycled through the AH over a few days.  10K towards the token.

Gold farming 90-98
I Took levelling as a priority in this bracket.  I left the bots in grind loops of mobs that drop http://www.wowhead.com/item=111557/sumptuous-fur .  Sells very stably at ~2g per unit on my server ( thanks to the bag market).  Never had much issue shifting units though the AH on my bank toon.  With the fur and drops bots were running at 600G / hour at this point which was nice.

Gold farming 98-100+
This is where "Meatgut needs needs bones" comes in.  its just like farming sumptuous fur, except each bone is 0.35G.  Most mobs drop 1-3 bones so it bumps up the GPH nicely.  at this point I was running my BM hunter and Feral druid at 550-650 gold per hour.

In the first month I just scraped by.  Both accounts got their 30 day WoW token @56K gold a pop with a few K to spare.  the next month is looking good as both acc's have a lvl 100 to farm the gold for the next token.  Still im yet to have a substantial 'return on investment' to my main account.

Gold farming at lvl 100.

Balance is key here.  unfortunately: balance requires a LOT of human intervention with the bot...  Im currently cycling 4 profiles on each bot on my 2 accounts.  On a good day i may pull in ~ 10K per account while botting 6-8 hours.  On a normal day its in the realm of 5-6K.

I'm lvling up other bots so i can have each bot tied to a specific profile, which will stop me manually swapping profiles. however to do that i will need 3 lvl 100's per account so at this time i just swap the profile out each night.

The 4 profiles im Currently using are
- Isle of giants by XCow.  Easy to farm a few thousand bones and throw them n the AH.  they dont sell quick, but people will often buy them in the 1000's when they do.
- Stonecore goldfarmer by Eeny.  just RAW stable gold.  Even without AH'ing the Embersilk or Volatile fire its 700-800G an hour from boss / vendor trash.
- Meatgut needs Bones- by Droidz.  Once agin easy stable money and very solid AFK-able profile 550-650g/ hour.  More once you factor in putting Sumptuous fur through the AH. 
- Seu's Ore Gatherer- by Suemas.  Solid profile buy cant run 100% of the time due to AH saturation.  I run it once every few days after my Auctions sell.  Amazing GPH, just not sustainable.

Conclusion:
this was a bit of fun, however If you do this you will be waiting 30 days + before you see any real return of gold to your man account.  If you are looking to make gold to sell to gold buyers- stick to lgion farming.  if you want a low cost / low return gold stream for your main account.  WoD bots are a bit of fun and cheap if you get a ban.

If anyone has any additions / tips / tricks let me know and ill add them.

• 1 year later...