Making Combat Routine More Efficient C# (Help)

RonSwanson

Hey I am not sure if Cast Time is even being accounted for in C#. For Example Spell.CastTime =  2000 which would be a 2 second cast. I dont think the bot even cares for that value.

I believe it does not care for the cast time value because I feel like in C# the bot interrupts its spells a lot. How can I get my Combat Rotation more fluent so each spell is used efficiently and not interrupted by the same spell and or the next spell in line.

What is best practice for this Bot? I am asking this because I am writing a Wrotation so it needs to be able to perform better then a human.

9 hours ago, Doobie said:

Hey I am not sure if Cast Time is even being accounted for in C#. For Example Spell.CastTime =  2000 which would be a 2 second cast. I dont think the bot even cares for that value.

I believe it does not care for the cast time value because I feel like in C# the bot interrupts its spells a lot. How can I get my Combat Rotation more fluent so each spell is used efficiently and not interrupted by the same spell and or the next spell in line.

What is best practice for this Bot? I am asking this because I am writing a Wrotation so it needs to be able to perform better then a human.

/// <summary>
        /// Determines if the spell is known or not
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="spell">The spell we want to check</param>
        /// <returns>Returns true if the spell is known otherwise false</returns>
        public static bool IsSpellKnown(Spell spell)
        {
            // Check spell
            bool isSpellKnown = Lua.LuaDoString<bool>($"return IsSpellKnown({spell.Id});");

// Return
            return isSpellKnown;
        }

/// <summary>
        /// Determines if the given target has the buff with the given conditions
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="spell">The spell you want to check</param>
        /// <param name="target">The target you want to check</param>
        /// <param name="buffTimeLeft">Recast if buff time is under the given time</param>
        /// <param name="stacks">How much stacks you want at the target</param>
        /// <param name="owner">Flag that determines if we need to be the owner</param>
        /// <returns>Returns true if the target has the spell on it with the given conditions otherwise false</returns>
        public static bool HasBuff(Spell spell, WoWUnit target, double buffTimeLeft = 0, int stacks = 0, bool owner = true)
        {
            // Get target auras
            List<Aura> auraList = target.GetAllBuff();

// Get aura
            Aura aura = null;
            if (owner)
            {
                // Set
                aura = auraList.Where(s => s.ToString().Contains(spell.Name) && s.Owner == ObjectManager.Me.Guid).FirstOrDefault();
            }
            else
            {
                // Set
                aura = auraList.FirstOrDefault(s => s.ToString().Contains(spell.Name));
            }

// Any found?
            if (aura != null)
            {
                // Validate
                if (aura.TimeLeftSeconde > buffTimeLeft && aura.Stack >= stacks)
                {
                    // Return
                    return true;
                }
            }

// Return
            return false;
        }

/// <summary>
        /// Cast a spell
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="spell">The spell you want to cast</param>
        /// <param name="target">The target you want to cast at</param>
        /// <param name="debuff">The debuff we are looking for</param>
        /// <param name="buffTimeLeft">Recast if buff time is under the given time</param>
        /// <param name="stacks">How much stacks you want at the target</param>
        /// <param name="owner">Flag that determines if we need to be the owner</param>
        /// <param name="force">Force use the skill and ignore debuffs</param>
        /// <returns>Returns true if we can cast the spell otherwise false</returns>
        public static bool CastSpell(Spell spell, WoWUnit target, double buffTimeLeft = 0, int stacks = 0, Spell debuff = null, bool owner = true, bool force = false)
        {
            // Check if the spell is known
            if (!IsSpellKnown(spell))
            {
                // Skip
                return false;
            }

// Wait until global cooldown is done
            Thread.Sleep(SpellManager.GlobalCooldownTimeLeft());

// Check if buff exists
            bool hasDebuff;
            if (debuff != null)
            {
                hasDebuff = Functions.HasBuff(debuff, target, buffTimeLeft, stacks, owner);
            }
            else
            {
                hasDebuff = Functions.HasBuff(spell, target, buffTimeLeft, stacks, owner);
            }

// Validate spell
            if (!ObjectManager.Me.IsStunned && !ObjectManager.Me.IsDead && !ObjectManager.Me.IsCast && !target.IsDead && spell.IsSpellUsable && spell.IsDistanceGood && (force || !hasDebuff) && !TraceLine.TraceLineGo(target.Position))
            {
                if (target.Guid == ObjectManager.Me.Guid)
                {
                    // Cast on self
                    Lua.LuaDoString($"CastSpellByID({spell.Id}, \"player\")");
                }
                else
                {
                    // Cast on target
                    Lua.LuaDoString($"CastSpellByID({spell.Id}, \"target\")");
                }

// Log
                Logging.WriteDebug($"Cast: {spell.NameInGame}");

// Return
                return true;
            }

// Return
            return false;
        }

Short answer: Check if you are currently casting with "ObjectManager.Me.IsCast". I would recommend to put all the validations into a method.
Another way would be to use @Droidz inbuild engine.

Have fun.

PS: If a method is missing just call me, I just copied it right out of my framework.

BTW: It is used for WOTLK and I'm not sure if there where changes in the lua commands. But at the end it should give you an idea how it could be done. There are allways multi ways to reach the goal.

@iMod So what is cast time actually doing and what is Timer doing.

SliceandDiceTimer = new Timer(1000 * 36);

I guess what I am asking is what is the difference between Spell.CastTime and Timer? And how would you use them together in a good fashion. 

1 minute ago, Doobie said:

@iMod So what is cast time actually doing and what is Timer doing.

SliceandDiceTimer = new Timer(1000 * 36);

I guess what I am asking is what is the difference between Spell.CastTime and Timer? And how would you use them together in a good fashion. 

Cast time should give you the time you need to cast, but i never used it. Timer is just a .net class nothing special. you can use it to make sure that you dont cast a spell until the timer countdown is done for example.

• 4 months later...