101 Twink Farming

Kalos72

Have any of you heard of this level 101 twinking thing?

Since everything in the outside world scales, if you cap your XP ay 101 and give a toon the best in slot, it is super powerful for its level.  I would imagine it would save some time/money versus a 110 farming toon?  Thoughts?

18 minutes ago, KnightRyder said:

I've heard of twinking, but TBH any toon you level cap and give BIS items to will be super powerful.

Correct- however i heard blizz did end up scaling lvl 110 to your Ilvl with 7.2.  People on forums were QQ'ing because mobs total health would change depending on what gear they had equipped.  

however lvl 101 mobs stay the same regardless of Ilvl.  In this case my hunter below can kill mobs in 1-2 shots.

Its incredibly efficient skinning / herb.  However any epics that drop are Ilvl 759 and cant really be sold for anything significant.  Also cant farm any lvl 110 content.  All in all, its not bad for a skinner bot  in azsuna, horrible if you want to farm SLR or something like that.

Twink_BM.PNG

twink_BM-stat.PNG

If you level a toon to 101 and then freeze XP, then gear it with the best in slot, even a legendary, it will be extremely powerful in comparison to the lv 101 monsters.  This way it will kill the mobs very quickly.

1 hour ago, Kalos72 said:

If you level a toon to 101 and then freeze XP, then gear it with the best in slot, even a legendary, it will be extremely powerful in comparison to the lv 101 monsters.  This way it will kill the mobs very quickly.

oh, but you'll need a lot of gold right?

U dont even need full twink, get a legendary which is 100-120k and 835 stuff which on my server i can get for 10-15k. Get 5-6 parts and u're good to go.

15 hours ago, kazurengan said:

really? i see crafted 800 ilvl gear like 200-300k weird

full set of gear can cost in between 100-600k depending on the price of that items; ive seen some twinkitems for 8k and ive seen them for 30-40k as well so it kinda depends on server and luck :)