Request Power leveling Battle Pets! & Bug found

Darktempler

Dear all,

first of all, I am trying to Level some pets.

I found a BUG

I start with the Level pet - and when the levelpet is @ low life the bot says:

- [PetBattle] Change Pet to xxxxx

But the Bot does not switch - the BOT is to fast for wow. ( the round is not finished yet )

So the Pet wont be switched and dies.

And here comes my suggestion for Power Leveling.

Insert the option Powerleveling

Should look like this.

Start with pet 1

Make ONE hit -

Switch to pet 2 or 3 ( doesn't matter )

Start normal pet battle rotation.

Greetz

Darki

Do you have modified wow ui with an addon?

I have add wait time when wrobot switch pet (wait the next update and tell me if problem is solved).

Hey Droidz

thanks a lot! Did you also added the power leveling?

Yes and no (I don't want impose at all an specific technique),

I have added possibility to launch a lua script before launching pet ability. For switch pet after first hit your can use this lua code:

local PetAlly = 1;
local PetEnemy = 2;

local activePetEnemy = C_PetBattles.GetActivePet(PetEnemy);
local typePetEnemy = C_PetBattles.GetPetType(PetEnemy, activePetEnemy);
local activePetAlly = C_PetBattles.GetActivePet(PetAlly);
local typePetAlly = C_PetBattles.GetPetType(PetAlly, activePetAlly);

if activePetAlly == 1 and not (C_PetBattles.GetHealth(PetEnemy, activePetEnemy) == C_PetBattles.GetMaxHealth(PetEnemy, activePetEnemy) ) then
	for i = 1, NUM_BATTLE_PETS_IN_BATTLE do
		if C_PetBattles.GetHealth(PetAlly, i) > 0 and not ( i == activePetAlly) then
				C_PetBattles.ChangePet(i); 
				break;
		end
	end
end

(You can edit lua script when you launch pet battle product)

Dear Droidz,

the Lua works flawless!

Thanks a lot!

It Switches the pets perfect.

For the normal Switch ( pet is low health ) it still does not work. I have standart UI.

You speak about this script: 

• 4 weeks later...

There are a few Problems with this solution.

At first: it looks like that the lua script sometime will be ignored.

second: the script will be executed right before the second spell (the first do the damage), and the second spell will be executed. Maybe this is the problem with point one, that the script doesnt work sometimes.

third: Its not nessesary to do damage on the pet to get exp. Its only nessessary to do a (one) spell or to get damage (after a switch) . The spell can miss, thats not a problem. So the best solution is: Switch the first pet after the first spell. Its a good idea to use only the spell on key 1 for this. because of the durations of some other spells. (the Blacklist of spell helps, but it will got a very long list if I add all spells with duration or heal or dot (low damage, maybe coverd by a shield) on key 2 and 3 )

second: the script will be executed right before the second spell (the first do the damage), and the second spell will be executed. Maybe this is the problem with point one, that the script doesnt work sometimes.

The problem is that C_PetBattles.ChangePet(i); will be started, but not be executed. the problem is maybe a bug in the Blizzard-UI. Maybe it could be checked per Script if the change is done, and if not     C_PetBattles.ChangePet(i); have to be executed until the change is done...this could also end in a endless-loop......

• 1 year later...

Droidz,

Thank you so much for this. It works, and I have been able to level several pets very nicely.

I would like to add a suggestion for an enhancement to this lua script.  

Sometimes, as the leveling pet in slot 1 gets higher, the bot uses one of the 'advanced' spells...the spells that are learned at level 15 and 20. This is not desirable because it may cause the leveling pet to be unable to be swapped. For example, the battle pet Drenei Micro Defender, or Chrominius, or Legs...many many pets have spells, that if used, cause it to be unswappable or even to be killed.

For ideal pet leveling, the first pet would simply use spell #1 once, then swap. That's all.

Regardless, your bot is wonderful.