Careful with Botting on Netherwing!

Well here is an update on my test. Been a week now and both horde bots are still running (just farming leather at level 50 non-stop without leveling). I've reported them five times each, all from unique emails. But yet they still seem perfectly fine.

In this last week I have repeated this test on Alliance side and got the same results of account closure within a few hours of the report being accepted. But when I repeated it a third time, one of the Alliance characters has gone 3 days now with no problems. I just filed a third report against it and am waiting to see what happens.

I'm wonder if there is a chance that the horde characters WERE spot checked, somehow passed and now are whitelisted.

10 hours ago, Gunkas said:

Well here is an update on my test. Been a week now and both horde bots are still running (just farming leather at level 50 non-stop without leveling). I've reported them five times each, all from unique emails. But yet they still seem perfectly fine.

In this last week I have repeated this test on Alliance side and got the same results of account closure within a few hours of the report being accepted. But when I repeated it a third time, one of the Alliance characters has gone 3 days now with no problems. I just filed a third report against it and am waiting to see what happens.

I'm wonder if there is a chance that the horde characters WERE spot checked, somehow passed and now are whitelisted.

Maybe they just want to have more horde for faction statistic, and ignore any horde roports. Or maybe they got separate gms at Alliance and Horde sides, and the Horde one is doing nothing. Or maybe gm is farming at alliance side, so he don't want you to be there, but he does not care about horde side prices. Or maybe they just have some kind of bug, so they not recive horde tickets, and now they will read about it here and will fix it )))

2 minutes ago, Findeh said:

Maybe they just want to have more horde for faction statistic, and ignore any horde roports. Or maybe they got separate gms at Alliance and Horde sides, and the Horde one is doing nothing. Or maybe gm is farming at alliance side, so he don't want you to be there, but he does not care about horde side prices. Or maybe they just have some kind of bug, so they not recive horde tickets, and now they will read about it here and will fix it )))

I know for a fact that this is true, some GMs use wRobot themselves and help their bots a little to not get banned along with the others ^^

I think thats pretty funny though, couldn't they just "cheat" a high level char? probably not the rights or something like that

Edited by Bambo

1 hour ago, Bambo said:

I know for a fact that this is true, some GMs use wRobot themselves and help their bots a little to not get banned along with the others ^^

I think thats pretty funny though, couldn't they just "cheat" a high level char? probably not the rights or something like that

Yeah, they do that for sure, i was clashing with one guy like this once. He was hunting my bots, while there was clearly his bots like 10 meters away. Can't remember what realm it was at tho.

11 hours ago, Gunkas said:

Let me get this straight, you are reporting your own bots to Netherwing GM's?..?

1 hour ago, Findeh said:

Yeah, they do that for sure, i was clashing with one guy like this once. He was hunting my bots, while there was clearly his bots like 10 meters away. Can't remember what realm it was at tho.

There has been people in our own discord that have said they reported a fellow botter because he, "was botting near his hotspot".  I never report anyone because, 1. thats lame 2. just makes the area hot for GM's to check.

3 minutes ago, tonycali said:

There has been people in our own discord that have said they reported a fellow botter because he, "was botting near his hotspot".  I never report anyone because, 1. thats lame 2. just makes the area hot for GM's to check.

Botters reporting botters haha. What has life become xD

On 4/8/2019 at 5:35 AM, tonycali said:

Let me get this straight, you are reporting your own bots to Netherwing GM's?..?

Yes, I've been testing to see what I could learn about how Netherwing responds to bots and reports of bots. From what I've seen so far seems to be Alliance characters need to be extra careful, while Horde side bots seem to be absolutely ignored despite all my best efforts to make this bot LOOK like a bot.

I've had 5 accounts banned so far, all Alliance. A 58 warrior, 45 Warrior, and 3 Druids. 2 of the druids made it past around level 25, and the third lasted till about level 8. Definitely something shady there.

• 3 weeks later...

For those who use this code:

if not _oldGetTime then
	_oldGetTime = GetTime;
	_randomTime = math.random(1000, 86400);
	function GetTime()
	  return _oldGetTime() + _randomTime;
	end
end

your fight classes will not check the cooldown. Here is the code for fixing the problem (C Sharp Code):

Lua.LuaDoString<int>("start, duration, enabled = GetSpellCooldown(43265); return start;") == 0

where "43265" -  your spell id

p.s. 
Thank you, @Droidz this is very helpful.

• 4 years later...

I know this is a really old topic but it contains useful information and pertains to my comment.

Is anyone still botting on the current netherwing server? Seems they did a ban wave today of at least 100~ accounts (guessing based of ban IDs if they are sequential).