Shadow's WRobot Installer **4/03/13**

Shadow

and yea the move is fine, we want all users to have access to my installer not just beta testers, as I hope to eventually have it uploaded as your official installer when it is finished.

Beta 1 is up, There is still one bug I am working out, but its real basic, when the uninstaller runs the only thing left behind is an empty folder in the start menu titled WRobot.  You can obviously delete this manually, As soon as I figure out how to remove this I will reupload as beta1a.  But other than that, I will only be releasing updates if bugs are reported to me and to rebase the installer if package files get updated.  Ill retag this as a final release in a few weeks just in case anyone reports other bugs I missed.

Just a quick update, After some other testing, it has been proven that reinstalling the base admin package through the installer corrects some bugs found in wrobot, whether installed with my installer or the .zip package.  Truth be told, my installer is just a very fancy self extracting archive.  What I do is run the zip on my computer in a separate directory, fully patch it, and then package those files.  The installer then extracts them to the path chosen by the user, defaults to %ProgramFilesFolder%\WRobot.  Most of the coding I did in the installer is to check for dependencies installed on the target computer. Example is .net 4.5 installed and c++ runtimes, and it installs them if not.  I then added a page to verify internet connectivity checking download.wrobot.eu, and from there silently run a batch cmd that also silently runs update.exe to make sure all of the files in my archive are up to date.  This does not currently check for package updates, but that in theory should not be a problem as the archive was created with the most recent base package.  As soon as i collaborate with droidz, I will add the check that redownloads the base admin package, and slipstream any updates again.  So I should have a new beta out in a few days.  But as I have said before, this installer is mostly complete as I does everything it is supposed to be doing.

Just a quick update, After some other testing, it has been proven that reinstalling the base admin package through the installer corrects some bugs found in wrobot, whether installed with my installer or the .zip package.  Truth be told, my installer is just a very fancy self extracting archive.  What I do is run the zip on my computer in a separate directory, fully patch it, and then package those files.  The installer then extracts them to the path chosen by the user, defaults to %ProgramFilesFolder%\WRobot.  Most of the coding I did in the installer is to check for dependencies installed on the target computer. Example is .net 4.5 installed and c++ runtimes, and it installs them if not.  I then added a page to verify internet connectivity checking download.wrobot.eu, and from there silently run a batch cmd that also silently runs update.exe to make sure all of the files in my archive are up to date.  This does not currently check for package updates, but that in theory should not be a problem as the archive was created with the most recent base package.  As soon as i collaborate with droidz, I will add the check that redownloads the base admin package, and slipstream any updates again.  So I should have a new beta out in a few days.  But as I have said before, this installer is mostly complete as I does everything it is supposed to be doing.

Beta 2 is released, it includes the Base Package Update in the silent install, I also fixed the only remaining bug I am aware of in the uninstaller.  If anyone has any feedback feel free to leave it here :)

With much help from user Mageski, I have successfully scripted creating a shortcut to wow.exe with admin rights to the desktop.  This will be included in the final release of my installer in a day or two, just doing a bit more private testing between operating systems .  If anyone has World of Warcraft installed into an estranged directory (NOT C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files X86, or C:\Games\Blizz\) please PM me, and if anyone has world of warcraft installed on a drive letter other than c for any reason, please PM me.  Your help is needed, and may be rewarded with a day or two of free bot time provided droidz agrees.)  Note I only need assistance if you installed wow in some strange directory or it is not in the following places.

I repeat if your WoW install path is NOT in these three locations:

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\

C:\Program Files X86\World of Warcraft\

C:\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\

cant make a shortcut to wow with admin if you dont know where wow is installed lol, need to target it, and everyone can have wow installed in different places,  I do general searches so if its in

C:\World of Warcraft

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft

C:\Program Files X86\World of Warcraft

C:\Public\Games\World of Warcraft

it does work as of right now.  (note this version is not released, but PM me if you would like to try it out)  But Im still writing the algorithm to search for World of Warcraft on all available hard drives, then search for wow.exe in the found folder to make sure it is the correct install path.  Once I have the location saved as a variable i can correctly make the shortcut to the desktop.  Its just finding the location if people have wow installed in strange places, or on different hard drives.  Droidz is helping me integrate searching for registry keys, however I am still trying to confirm that everyone will have the same key, so I dont need to search multiple keys.  As I stated, this is alot more complex than I had hoped, but I am making great progress.  Again special thanks to all the members that helped me thus far, and Mageski for helping with the search algorithm.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason my Wrobot.exe disappeared and So I did an uninstall and reinstall. But.... It still will not show up and this is what I get:

"10:37:06 - error: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
   at UpdateManager.UpdateManager.DownloadThread()
10:37:06 - Add file: WRobot.exe"

I have disabled anti-virus and firewall but still get this error. 

NOTE:  This was working for me yesterday and I do have this as an exception on my AV to bypass this entire folder.

Does the actual installer complete? From reading that log it looks like the updater froze. Ill have a look at it when i get home, try to install from the zip just to be sure. Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Just a quick reply, i will be working on your problem, but today happens to be my birthday, so i have plans all weekend, but ill try to hammer this out on monday, please let me know if the installer finishes, or where that log came from, my guess is update.exe is bugging out while trying to download or replace wrobot.exe. need to know what exactly your doing when you get that error Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

This just happened to me again except this time my Avast said that it was a virus and automatically moved it to the chest.  I get the same error when trying to reinstall and it automatically deletes my Wrobot.exe file.

Avast just hates this bot.

This just happened to me again except this time my Avast said that it was a virus and automatically moved it to the chest.  I get the same error when trying to reinstall and it automatically deletes my Wrobot.exe file.

Avast just hates this bot.

Normally problem solved: 

There is a new package "Base Data - Admin" that needs update.

I run the updater and click "Package manager (1)". A new window pop up with UNINSTALL or UPDATE/REINSTALL. When I click Update nothing happens.

How do I get the update to work.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was probably updating but nothing showed me it was updateing so I thought it froze. Took a good 2 min for it to update.

You might wanna add an hourglass or something so ppl know its working :P

cant make a shortcut to wow with admin if you dont know where wow is installed lol, need to target it, and everyone can have wow installed in different places,  I do general searches so if its in

C:\World of Warcraft

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft

C:\Program Files X86\World of Warcraft

C:\Public\Games\World of Warcraft

it does work as of right now.  (note this version is not released, but PM me if you would like to try it out)  But Im still writing the algorithm to search for World of Warcraft on all available hard drives, then search for wow.exe in the found folder to make sure it is the correct install path.  Once I have the location saved as a variable i can correctly make the shortcut to the desktop.  Its just finding the location if people have wow installed in strange places, or on different hard drives.  Droidz is helping me integrate searching for registry keys, however I am still trying to confirm that everyone will have the same key, so I dont need to search multiple keys.  As I stated, this is alot more complex than I had hoped, but I am making great progress.  Again special thanks to all the members that helped me thus far, and Mageski for helping with the search algorithm.

You could run a script to find wow.exe XD

Droidz trys to keep up with avast, as for the installer, this is not something i can fix, avast is flagging the actual bot files, and creative thats what this does now, the script just fails if wow is in a different drive or strange path, it searches but cannot find. Im still working on it. Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2