Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I looking for some help/guidance on how I would approach creating a profile for a dungeon in vanilla wow(private server).

What product would be best used? Quester? Grinder profile with hotspots?

I would be doing this as a party and my first profile in WC(Wailing Caverns).

I have my own private server for testing so and help or guidance as to where I would begin would be greatly appreciated!

Seems to be a very new thing on this forum, and finding educational material for me as a new member is starting to become a bit overwhelming. As guessing is really not going to get me anywhere.

I have had a look at this;

However that seems it heavily relies on the the objective tracker which doesn't exist on vanilla wow. Or is their a way to do whats displayed in this video and it be applied to vanilla wow aswell?

As I said before any help will be greatly appreciated.

 

P.S. Wasn't quite sure whether to put this thread here in general assistance or under Vanilla Wow Private server. Moderators move if necessary, thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, loves2spooge said:

Check out this video. I have not actually attempted any dungeon creation yet but I assume it is similar regardless of expac.

 

 

The difference with vanilla will be boss objectives i talk about there- that panel doesnt exist..

I'm looking into some SM profiles later today, will update what i find works / doesnt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not perfect but a good demo.

Its SM GY- you will need to be 60 / geared to solo (lol)<< my 55 sham had troubles... a Rogue would clean up in here.

You will see its just a bunch of followpath's / pulse points with iscomplete conditions.  Im banking on the bot aggro'ing bosses as the follow walks then over where the boss should be.

SM_GY.xml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eeny said:

not perfect but a good demo.

Its SM GY- you will need to be 60 / geared to solo (lol)<< my 55 sham had troubles... a Rogue would clean up in here.

You will see its just a bunch of followpath's / pulse points with iscomplete conditions.  Im banking on the bot aggro'ing bosses as the follow walks then over where the boss should be.

SM_GY.xml

Would the following "is complete condition" for a vanilla dungeon boss be useful?

 

return ObjectManager.GetWoWUnitByEntry(16151).Count == 0;

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DaWandaBoi said:

Would the following "is complete condition" for a vanilla dungeon boss be useful?

 

return ObjectManager.GetWoWUnitByEntry(16151).Count == 0;

 

I personally have never used it.  I do remember one of the 3.3.5 guys saying they had been using it OK.

Its your profile, give it a go and see what works / doesnt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, eeny said:

I personally have never used it.  I do remember one of the 3.3.5 guys saying they had been using it OK.

Its your profile, give it a go and see what works / doesnt.

Well I have tried useing it, however it doesn't seem to work on my end with my WC test profile. Would you agree to say that "is complete condition" returns a value if the target of the id has been killed?

But I have no idea if it's working or not even after viewing the logs.

What i'll do is i'll make a follow path quester profile in WC(wailing caverns) useing that "is complete condition" and come back here to update the thread and let everyone know if it's viable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×