Avoid ban or minimize risk

camelot10

Seems like blizzard avoid/fear to scan hardware ids or ip. There are huge amount of proofs that each WoW instalation have unique ID, and if one account catched in botting (see algorythm below) others account used in same wow instalation in danger.

This mean: all accounts who interact (trade, mails, guild banking, leveling) with catched account and have same WoW ID goes to ban with catched account.

RULE #1: DIFFERENT WOW INSTALLATION FOR EACH ACCOUNT. IF ACCOUNT COMPROMISED REMOVE THAT WOW FOLDER AND INSTALL NEW FROM FRESH

How they catch botting?

1. Client Side Detection.

If bot doesnt have enought protection then wow/blizzard detect it. Nothing you can do about it. Account flagged, all linked account flagged too (see rule #1)

2. Server Side Detection

Everyone should google about AI and heatmaps. Here brief example: youtube

blizzard doesnt ban/catch/watch by ip or hardware id. when you have millions of users, you can get heatmaps of users interactions. and when some part of your userbase start acting like on alghorythm, and you can predict what and when they do and what they gonna do next. this is main problem with popular bots/profiles: 100 000 users go to X,Y get quest AA or gather node BB, then all of them go to X2,Y2 and get quest CC or node DD and so on. after few hours/days/weeks blizzard have heatmap algorythm. and if someone: even if that player login for 20min, but in this 20min that player do same steps/action that other botts do -> blizzard mark your character for banwave and all linked accounts (see rule #1).

that why banwaves apprear once per 6-12 months. Its a gigantic job to calculcate bots heatmaps, its like a trump ace on your hands, you gonna rise till max and only then reveal it.

RULE #2: AVOID PUBLIC GATHER/GRINDER PROFILES

no public profiles -> even if someone posted good profile -> mimic it: download profile, run for 1 secs, make screenshot from radar, delete profile, make own profile according to screenshot. event that method i would't suggest. make all profiles by hands. its a 2-5min to make good route

never make profiles with one lap (loop/circle): made something like olympic rings, 2-5 circles

bP4OKTW.jpg QiKcNaB.jpg

grinding only on "hotspots" - > no path

Each time you got banned-> remove and forget profiles used

RULE #3: RUN DIFFERENT TASKS/PROFILES

especialy actual content. i mean do: reputations, daily, dungeons, timewalking, lfr, mythics, darkmoon. everything that breaks your farm heatmaps routine (grind/gather)

TINFOIL HAT RULE: Differect PC/Virtual PC + IP/Provider/VPN

that doesnt help much. but! BUT!

Blizzard Entertainment is very sloppy (intentionally?)  when you decide to get rid of them. A common UN-install of WoW and even WoW + Battle.net app will produce interesting results such ass:
1. Left over folders.
2. Left over registries.
3. Left over systems ID.

As a result you may have the awesome situation that when you try to re-intall Battle.net remembers where WoW was installed for instance.

All these awesome things may result in instant bans, so either do it by hand or get a program to clean after UN-install.

no one knows how they exactly are trying to catch you ... there a hundreds if not thousand ways :D i mean ... im pretty sure they could check if "click to move" is enabled and other stuff. if they want to "destroy" antoher bot (lets say superbot XXX) they could easily do that ... sorry for bad english :D and ip/hardware ids (about hdwi im not sure) they will only (also not sure about this one) use it, against "special" botters or enemies ... like people back then with 300 bots etc.

23 minutes ago, dafuqlol said:

no one knows how they exactly are trying to catch you ... there a hundreds if not thousand ways :D i mean ... im pretty sure they could check if "click to move" is enabled and other stuff. if they want to "destroy" antoher bot (lets say superbot XXX) they could easily do that ... sorry for bad english :D and ip/hardware ids (about hdwi im not sure) they will only (also not sure about this one) use it, against "special" botters or enemies ... like people back then with 300 bots etc.

100% true and nuff said

18 minutes ago, camelot10 said:

i just write this tutorial from wrobot perspective. wrobot client side protection seems fine. only reason for bans right now, is server side detection.

I quit botting entirely four days ago, so far no bans...

Prior to that, had at least 6 accounts botting nearly 24/7 until 2 weeks ago, then cut down to 1 account, which I ran 24/7 until 4 days ago...

We'll see what the end result is :biggrin:

12 minutes ago, Hapiguy said:

I quit botting entirely four days ago, so far no bans...

Prior to that, had at least 6 accounts botting nearly 24/7 until 2 weeks ago, then cut down to 1 account, which I ran 24/7 until 4 days ago...

We'll see what the end result is :biggrin:

maxresdefault.jpg

you can't just quit botting

3 minutes ago, kazurengan said:

yea but we cant preview a ban wave can we?

Sure we can... we've all known one has been coming for weeks, if not months...

54 minutes ago, Hapiguy said:

Sure we can... we've all known one has been coming for weeks, if not months...

exactly. blizzard has something like a schedule with their bans and IT IS time.

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2017 at 3:42 PM, wlhr said:

exactly. blizzard has something like a schedule with their bans and IT IS time.

Still no massive wave yet... Blizzard is seriously slacking...

• 1 month later...

Is using battleground bot ( with a personnal fightclass very undetectable by other player ) and gatherer during the queue is " safe " Because actually i do that around 7-8 hours per day and i think it's a bit risky if player report me :/

• 2 weeks later...

Close to a year since I got struck by what I think was the last ban wave. I have a feeling one will come soon so I'll hold off for a bit.

I had a thought though. As we can link Battlenet accounts as long as they share the same IRL name, I was thinking of creating a new one and bot on that account. I would get those grindy ass achievements and when I'm content I will connect the accounts and get the achievements on the main account. Following the safety steps by Camelot, IF that account was banned, my main account would be safe right? Assuming there hasn't been any interaction whatsoever between the two. Meaning, should the account be banned before I connect it with my main battlenet account, a ban on the dummy account shouldn't affect me?

Would this be possible/a good idea?

i dont think wow accountwide achievements apply to whole battle net account, only to that account. but i never check that.

also i dont think blizzard wait some special dates to ban someone. like "banwave october" or "anti-bot november"

10 minutes ago, camelot10 said:

i dont think wow accountwide achievements apply to whole battle net account, only to that account. but i never check that.

also i dont think blizzard wait some special dates to ban someone. like "banwave october" or "anti-bot november"

It does. I retrieved my old vanilla account that I sold in 2006 and I got some FoS by linking it to my battlenet account. Maybe an achievement too if I remember correctly.

Oh isn't that a thing? Banwave october sounds like a gay ol' time. I'm not saying it's scheduled. But it almost feels like something they do semi-regularly just to keep us on our toes. 

If you get Legion Flying, for example, it's b.net wide from my experience.

I have 8 linked accounts on my main b.net and once I unlocked it, I was able to fly on the other accounts provided I had the other prerequisites like level, flying skill, etc.

It's the same for collections, heirlooms, all of that stuff, so I don't know why FoS wouldn't...

Does this heat map track across characters or just each character?  For example is it an issue if I use the same profile to farm on 3 different toons, across the same bnet, on the same install?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, sonic1226 said:

So how do I transfer gold from one account to another, if my main account will become linked? Should I do it through AH?

My first suggestion is always to use a guild bank.

It's worked virtually flawlessly in the past for me...