Northdale Bans?

22 hours ago, binbin said:

I'm single botting with no ban yet.

But hear this carefully: I heard from a programmer (a hacker kinda guy on a legacy server subreddit) 5-6 months ago that he could tag wow clients with a server configuration. Didn't explain how he did that but he first gave this technique to elysium. Now obviously lights hope team has it. He said every client when they first connect to the server, the server gives them a kind of ID and knows when that client runs again.

I mean the admins can see it if you used the same client for different accounts. They brand your client, probably not the exe but another file wow folder. So when one of your bots got caught, it's easy enough to see other accounts being played on the same client.

I suggest you get yourself an untouched client. And if you're smart enough try to find out which file is the snitch. Maybe you can speculate @Droidz

I don't think it's something in interface or wtf folder but I don't want to speculate.

Id really like to hear from one of the more technical people on this. It seems unlikely to be possible in my mind but I just base that on a general understanding of what I would expect a game client to facilitate so base it on nothing concrete.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AmberLaHotee said:

Just got banned, was duo botting on 1 PC. I was playing active and talked to the GM when he TP´d me to GM island, so he didn't catch me actually botting. Both accounts hit lvl 40 shortly before.

Today I got banned at lvl 44 single botting. Did you update wrobot today? I did.

I wasn't on PC when I got banned, but logs suggest bot didn't stop when teleported from eastern kingdoms to kalimdor. Even though I had the 'stop bot on teleport' enabled  @Droidz

I can post the log later.

So after you were teleported what did the GM ask? How did he know you were botting?

It seems they dont actually need to see you botting to ban you. Either they ban you based on peoples reports or ban you based on other information.

Just lost 5 accounts, after a long PvP session of totally manually playing on 1 of the accounts. Played about 7 hours manually doing WPvP, went to bed, banned. 

39 minutes ago, vanbotter said:

It seems they dont actually need to see you botting to ban you. Either they ban you based on peoples reports or ban you based on other information.

Just lost 5 accounts, after a long PvP session of totally manually playing on 1 of the accounts. Played about 7 hours manually doing WPvP, went to bed, banned. 

Well if they really go for certain "tests" that you can pass or fail. They will not go into discussion. If they see you failed 4 of 6 botting tests. You will get the hammer. No need to waste time on asking: "Did you bot?", obvsly no one is gonna be like " Oh yea, i am sorry, just hammer me!" ^^

3 minutes ago, Bambo said:

Well if they really go for certain "tests" that you can pass or fail. They will not go into discussion. If they see you failed 4 of 6 botting tests. You will get the hammer. No need to waste time on asking: "Did you bot?", obvsly no one is gonna be like " Oh yea, i am sorry, just hammer me!" ^^

Yeah... i didn't mention anything about talking to the bot or the player. As i said, it was banned while not botting which means they never SAW it botting or WATCHED it. Which is different to usual. Other bans from other servers the bots have always been online when banned. 

Just now, vanbotter said:

Yeah... i didn't mention anything about talking to the bot or the player. As i said, it was banned while not botting which means they never SAW it botting or WATCHED it. Which is different to usual. Other bans from other servers the bots have always been online when banned. 

Same thing applies 100%. They don't need to catch you online, if you fail their tests. Just exchange my "talking with the botter" trough "being online and botting". Same stuff.

6 minutes ago, Bambo said:

Same thing applies 100%. They don't need to catch you online, if you fail their tests. Just exchange my "talking with the botter" trough "being online and botting". Same stuff.

Yeah, never said they did. I'm letting other people know types of getting banned. Not sure what you're getting at. Virtually ALL bans as seen here or on other forums are from being online while botting and caught in the act, teleported etc. It's quite different to get banned while not being online and not being seen by a GM. 

Means there is more weight than previously noted here or anywhere that other things are taken into consideration than the obvious "caught in the act"

33 minutes ago, vanbotter said:

Yeah, never said they did. I'm letting other people know types of getting banned. Not sure what you're getting at. Virtually ALL bans as seen here or on other forums are from being online while botting and caught in the act, teleported etc. It's quite different to get banned while not being online and not being seen by a GM. 

Means there is more weight than previously noted here or anywhere that other things are taken into consideration than the obvious "caught in the act"

Someone recorded one bot and forwarded it to the GMs, they had video proof and banned whenever.

19 minutes ago, Matenia said:

Someone recorded one bot and forwarded it to the GMs, they had video proof and banned whenever.

Yeah, sounds likely. 

One thing to note, i have 11 accounts, all 11 had chars on lightbringer. 5 had chars on the northdale. All 11 accounts had botted at some point. Interestingly none of the lightbringer accounts were banned (except where the accounts had northdale chars and lightbringer chars). So only 5 accounts banned, all 11 had played with the same IP address though and on the same computer too. I was surprised the other 6 accounts were not closed. The 5 closed accounts had all used wrobot, the 11 lightbringer chars were levelled using VanillaBotter. 

4 minutes ago, Monkeylimits said:

yall are making me paranoid now XD ive been smoothe leveling my toon for past 7 days with no problems. currently lvl 33 with 3 days 23 hrs and 49 mins playtime.........

I'm gonna do just 1 toon this time, see how that plays out. 

You using grinding, automation or quester?

@vanbotter it really depends on what im doing but i do follow a few rules of thumb.

A) I never bot unless im monitoring it. Sometimes I wont be DIRECTLY in front or on the screen but im never away from it for more than 2 minutes at hand. 

B) I dont use questers unless im actually watching the game screen. Its super buggy and does alot of dumb shit thatll get ya banned

C) I ALWAYS DO SOME QUESTERS! The key to it is making your profile look filled. I do the same by running dungeons and getting gear etc. it makes the profile look full.

D) I dnt ever grind in 1 spot. Ill use a mix of 2 profiles AND the automater and i only run for a 30-45 minute span per spot. iill rotate between the 3 til ive outleveled the area. 

E) I accept EVERY invite thats sent to me and the first thing i do when someone joins is I say something in party chat. ill conversate or say shit to the ppl running by too just too simulate communication and interaction. The bot has a chat screen Page and im either always on that or info tab when its running but mostly on the chat page

Im sure everyone has there cliches but this seems to have been workin very well for me up until this point.

The other big thing for me is when I first started using Wrobot, i noticed alot of the FC's SUCKEDDDDDD. Like were really bad....Had a hard time turning around....things when charge past and the toon would get stuck looking other way for 15 secs at a time tryna cast same spell ovr n ovr.......it would cast out of range and make a buggy action with its body, it would cast things out of order.......

So i made my own FC and i messed and tested it ALOTTTTTTTTTT......I perfected my FC and i feel thats a big reason i havnt been bothered. If you have the right FC its hard af for someone to detect you if u r only single botting.....

Thanks @Monkeylimits

That's a heck of a lot of babysitting you do with it ? That should certainly avoid getting banned indeed!

I'll have to try be smarter, maybe a bit more babysitting. I'm lucky if i can sit at my computer for even an hour a day to be honest. 

I think the main thing for me is to be single botting for now. I do have some excellent FC's. Especially Shammy although that one is quite an easy class to make a FC for!

Cheers!

46 minutes ago, Bambo said:

You are starting to enter the danger zone. Good luck m8.

Does the ban rate actually increase at 40+ or is it just the "danger zone" because there's more to lose if you do get caught?

3 minutes ago, artur.k said:

from my experience both ? but if you run 1 from one  ip it cant be banned if you do it right:)

launched 30 different ip different classes, races and factions to LVL 10 and all banned. changed all ip and nothing has changed. all bans.