Adding Antivirus Exceptions General Thread

Shadow

In this thread I am going to allow memebers to post step by step guides to adding antivirus exceptions relating to WRobot, but please no other conversation, no debates, just simple howtos.

I also ask that you add screenshots to your posts detailing ever step.  A simple way to take a screenshot of your desktop is the prnt screen button on your keyboard, from there open up notepad and hold ctrl and press v, this will paste your desktop to paint, save it as a jpg, upload it to tinypic.com and link it in the thread.  If you click on the program window, and hold alt and hit prt scr, it will only copy your program window.

With the latest update it seems Norton started complaining about authManager.dll as malware, and it also listed my installer as a heuristic threat a few updates ago.  I have reported these as false positives and they should be fixed soon, but for now, here is a Norton Specific Guide to adding authManager.dll as an exception.

Step 1, you see here Update.exe confirms the bot is now up to date, but norton doesnt like it.

2ccndsk.jpg

Step two, open Norton Security Suite, and Click on settings.

14vjj0j.jpg

Step 3, In settings, Click on "Check Security History" now that Norton says it hates WRobot.

208fsd5.jpg

Step 4, In the Security History window, click on authmanager.dll in the list of so called "security risks"  Then click more details.

oaqgrq.jpg

Step 5  Click on Restore in the File Insight Details menu.

2sbmrs7.jpg

Step 6  Make sure add Exclusion is checked, then click yes.
35isim0.jpg

Step 7  Confirmation Norton has restored this file, and is now excluding it.

358uiwn.jpg