Blacklisting and my "solution"

Ohren

YES I KNOW IT'S A LOT OF READING

Sooo, I happen to be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to stuff other people will be using. I test all my profiles (and fight classes, but that's not what my idea is towards, simple comments like "Zomg, ur AOES sucks lul" in the comments works fine). The only issue with this is that it involves... HOURS of blacklisting to make a GREAT profile (unless it's something simple like farming turtles).

My original solution was to sit and watch my new profiles run for as long as I could tolerate it. This method has it's perks and it's bound to give you the best results, no matter how darn annoying it is to see "[Normal] 04:00 - Node stuck" every time you fly by an underground node (yes, until you blacklist that thing as if it insulted your mother). My biggest issue I found using this method was the fact that I have almost 70 profiles right now that have completed paths, but I just don't have time to finish blacklisting them so their title's will include [iNCOMPLETE BL] for the rest of my time on earth (or until I accidentally deleted them).

Since my original solution just isn't working out that great, this last week, I have been running profiles on a slave account that were never really tested much, then just checking out the logs. I've read through thousands and thousands of lines of logs so far today, and spent almost 2 hours blacklisting those profiles. This worked great, I got more done tonight than I have been able to in a while, but I'm still not happy with that, we don't bot so we can read logs for hours a night just to fix a profile that tiny little bit. We bot because repetitive tasks are meant to be automated...

And then it clicked, I need a way to automate scanning of logs. So I started programming it. I've started with just removing combat details and successful farms. Right now I'm working on having it not only show all the stuck nodes, but the amount of times they occurred in the log, AND a copy and paste XML format snippet to blacklist the ones of your choice.

Oh, or you can skip that long (and possibly annoying?) rant and just read this summary...

I've began making a bot to make my botting easier :). I will eventually release it to all of you, but I must continue getting rid of some of the kinks in it. 

Currently, all it does is remove "junk" from logs and show you stuck/outside of view nodes, but I am working on it in my free time to do much more. I'm scheduled to work almost 70 hours/wk for the month of March, so I doubt progress will be quick.

Edit: Working on adding MySQL storage for logs on my personal profiles so I am removing it as a public feature. Once I get my computer fixed, I will be willing to blacklist your profiles for you with it though, free of charge of course.