Strange Behavior

Thrillhouse

All,

I am using a trial version of your software to get things right before I make a purchase, but I'm having an issue on my low level rogue. I read the tutorials on how to create a profile, and how to create a fight class but I noticed the following odd behavior.

I am in the NE starting area around Lake Al'Ameth fighting red mobs. I downloaded the arogue combat profile and deleted the spells I don't yet have. My first thought is I would like to stealth, ambush, eviscerate. When running this profile I notice my character goes stealth, approaches the mob, and then stops about 10 yards away and targets something else and approaches, wash rinse repeat. I tuned the distance down from 5 to 2 and no difference.

Eventually I give up on stealth/ambush. So I take stealth out of my combat profile so it just uses SS and Eviscerate, and the mobs approach me and I begin combat correctly maybe 50% of the time, the other 50% he approaches, and if the monster isn't close enough he will turn and run towards something else.

I also caught him just kind of standing around with a mob beating on his back. I'm assuming because he tried targeting and ran off to something else another player had already killed. 

What am I doing wrong?

ARogue Ambush.xml

lakealameth.xml

Got the same problem but might be because you need 2 daggers for it to work correctly ( when i switched to daggers it worked ) and to be honest i like the Arogue fightclass but ohren's combat rogue is better for leveling before 85.

Just trying to suggest you to wait for it ( not saying it doesn't work ) just alot of requirements :)

Got the same problem but might be because you need 2 daggers for it to work correctly ( when i switched to daggers it worked ) and to be honest i like the Arogue fightclass but ohren's combat rogue is better for leveling before 85.

Just trying to suggest you to wait for it ( not saying it doesn't work ) just alot of requirements :)

I have it working better. I think the bulk of the problem was I didn't select the "grinder" option. I think I selected custom profile because I had created my own initially. Stealth works now, and he's still a little weird but I'm on the right track now.

Using custom profile, you need to know how to code and lay it out properly for things to work right. It is a better idea to use grinder for just mob killing to simplify your bottling experience.

So a big problem I have seen with my rogue and ambush is wrobot starts auto attacking too soon.  Specifically I shadowstep and before ambush can be cast my toon has already started attacking, breaking stealth and turning the mob to face me.

The only sure fire way I have found to get ambush to cast is via the talent where casting ambush/cheap shot/garrote from a distance automatically shadowstep your toon behind the mob.

Because of the weird auto attacking I usully just let wrobot shadowstep and attack without using the "from stealth" spells.  Shadowstep is nice in case your rogue gets stuck while trying to path to the mob.

for autoattack, in your wow settings disable it.

Now for the way you want to attack, you have to set it in its priority properly and it will do as you say and according to the conditions you can set ( mostly lua there )

for autoattack, in your wow settings disable it.

Now for the way you want to attack, you have to set it in its priority properly and it will do as you say and according to the conditions you can set ( mostly lua there )

Thanks for your reply!  You led me to try some different conditions, specifically the lua scripts.  Sadly I am unable to figure it out.

The Stop Auto Attack option in the interface menu is only for switching targets, and does not affect the current target.  The priority of the spells should be:  Shadowstep, Ambush, Sinister Strike.  I am a little unclear what happens when wrobot casts a spell from the priority list,  When Shadowstep is successful, does wrobot begin checking spell conditions from the top of the list again?  or does it continue checking conditions from the last good spell cast?  If it started at the top then the correct priority order would be Ambush, Sinister Strike, Shadowstep.  I haven't tested this second order (at work and just thought of it).

I tried adding lua scripts to the conditions and also tried adding lua scripts as spells.  The lua scripts as spells would cause the autoattack to stop, but wrobot would immediately reengage the auto attack.  I believe wrobot simulates a user right clicking to select targets, this would make the player run to the target and start auto attacking.  because of the way wrobot targets is it even possible to stop auto attacking permanently?  if i wanted to stealth shadowstep behind a target and just stand there and not attack but with the target selected, is that possible?