2 accounts 1 rig?

JTHodge

Hello I'm looking to buy but am a little  skeptical about doing this. I just want to say first off I will not be using my main account to do this and will have 2 separate accounts. My list of questions are 

1) If I open my bot account and set it to farm and then open my other account just to play will the bot be picked up on both accounts and get banned on both?

2) Can a account be banned for Association with a bot?

3) Would I want to do this on a Medium or low population server?

28 minutes ago, JTHodge said:

Hello I'm looking to buy but am a little  skeptical about doing this. I just want to say first off I will not be using my main account to do this and will have 2 separate accounts. My list of questions are 

1) If I open my bot account and set it to farm and then open my other account just to play will the bot be picked up on both accounts and get banned on both?

2) Can a account be banned for Association with a bot?

3) Would I want to do this on a Medium or low population server?

1) If you're manually playing on the same PC you're running a bot, depending on how Blizz detects, your non-botted account might still be flagged, because the bot is a running process on that PC, etc.

That being said, I'm not an expert on this.

2) Yes, it can.  If they have a clear enough connection via trades or other interactions between botting account and other account(s).  For being on the same IP?  No.

3) I'd suggest off-peak times, regardless of server population, as you're less likely to be reported by other players...

1 minute ago, Hapiguy said:

1) If you're manually playing on the same PC you're running a bot, depending on how Blizz detects, your non-botted account might still be flagged, because the bot is a running process on that PC, etc.

That being said, I'm not an expert on this.

2) Yes, it can.  If they have a clear enough connection via trades or other interactions between botting account and other account(s).  For being on the same IP?  No.

3) I'd suggest off-peak times, regardless of server population, as you're less likely to be reported by other players...

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm more focused on my first question. I have 2 computers but I'd rather not get it out and set it up, I just don't want my main account affected at all. 

6 minutes ago, JTHodge said:

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm more focused on my first question. I have 2 computers but I'd rather not get it out and set it up, I just don't want my main account affected at all. 

Well, lets put it this way.

Any account that wasn't accessed while I was running the bot was never banned.

However, every account that was accessed while I was running the bot, when a banwave came, was banned.

Accounts that I ran on a second computer on the same IP that were 'clean' were unaffected.

40 minutes ago, Hapiguy said:

Well, lets put it this way.

Any account that wasn't accessed while I was running the bot was never banned.

However, every account that was accessed while I was running the bot, when a banwave came, was banned.

Accounts that I ran on a second computer on the same IP that were 'clean' were unaffected.

Thank you, you are definitely a lot of help. I was wondering one last thing sorry for all the questions. If I were to just run my bot and not my real account but on the same computer could they ban me for that? I wouldn't even be signed into my main account but would they put my IP to both of those accounts?

18 hours ago, JTHodge said:

Thank you, you are definitely a lot of help. I was wondering one last thing sorry for all the questions. If I were to just run my bot and not my real account but on the same computer could they ban me for that? I wouldn't even be signed into my main account but would they put my IP to both of those accounts?

As long as the bot isn't physically running or loaded when you play your main account, even from the same computer, you should be safe.

It's always better to have as much separation as possible, but as long as it's never running while you're logging into or on your main account, you should be good to go...