Avoid teleport point in Darnassus

Shinzon

I'm working on creating some leveling quest scripts. But one of the quests (To Darnassus) leads the character from the flight path straight to an NPC on the other side of the hotspot for teleporting to Rut'theran Village and my character gets teleported out of Darnassus. Is there a way to get it to navigate around the teleport spot? I've tried setting the hotspot for the NPC further away from the hotspot, but it doesn't help.

You could pulse followpath from flightpath closer to this npc with step complete when at last waypoint, and then pulse pickup quest from this npc, just my idea:)

5 minutes ago, mich125 said:

You could pulse followpath from flightpath closer to this npc with step complete when at last waypoint, and then pulse pickup quest from this npc, just my idea:)

That's a good idea, but that's what I'm not sure how to do. So then I list the Quest Order as "Pickup" for the quest instead of PulseAllInOne, then create a dummy quest for followpath? Then list the turnin for the quest once I get to the right point? Or would I do that through lua script?

7 minutes ago, Shinzon said:

That's a good idea, but that's what I'm not sure how to do. So then I list the Quest Order as "Pickup" for the quest instead of PulseAllInOne, then create a dummy quest for followpath? Then list the turnin for the quest once I get to the right point? Or would I do that through lua script?

Well its pretty simple, you pulse

<QuestsSorted Action="Pulse" NameClass="GotoQuestNPC" />

<QuestsSorted Action="Pulse" NameClass="PickupQuest" />

GotoQuestNPC is simple followpath which you record, from previous step to this npc, so bot will follow this exact path, and then when you are close to npc, you pulse pickup quest

Just now, mich125 said:

Well its pretty simple, you pulse

<QuestsSorted Action="Pulse" NameClass="GotoQuestNPC" />

<QuestsSorted Action="Pulse" NameClass="PickupQuest" />

GotoQuestNPC is simple followpath which you record, from previous step to this npc, so bot will follow this exact path,

Awesome! I'll try that now.