IsCompleteCondition for is creature dead

CarloBotto

Presumably, there is a way to test if a specific creature is still alive (using Entry ID (unique to boss/creature) or GUID), as I have seen code where this is done for a range of creatures using isAlive(), but how is this done for say a specific boss/mob?

I cannot do this via a quest as none of my toons have the quests anymore, as in already completed.

Also, is there any information on the API (functions/methods, identifiers, etc. we can use within IsCompleteCondition) ? 

6 hours ago, CarloBotto said:

Presumably, there is a way to test if a specific creature is still alive (using Entry ID (unique to boss/creature) or GUID), as I have seen code where this is done for a range of creatures using isAlive(), but how is this done for say a specific boss/mob?

I cannot do this via a quest as none of my toons have the quests anymore, as in already completed.

Also, is there any information on the API (functions/methods, identifiers, etc. we can use within IsCompleteCondition) ? 

Hey CarloBotto

return ObjectManager.GetWoWUnitByEntry(ID).Count == 0;

You can use this. Just change ID to the... ID, yeah. You could instead of this == operator use also >=, <= (less, more than and equal), >, < (less, more) and != (not equal). Just fyi.

You don't need to have the quest. Be sure to check "not required in questlog".

And, you pretty much have to search for them.

Awesome, and thanks, nudl :-)

And, you pretty much have to search for them.

That usually is the case, but a part of the fun :D 

I don't think I have been involved in a single programming related project (user or developer) that did not require searching for code related information! And that includes working for companies like IBM and American Express!!!