[archeology] Not solving

I checked solve every 10 minutes, and every 10 minutes, the bot goes thru the various archeology tabs, but does not actually solve anything.  All else works correctly, but without the solve, it get's stuck trying to loot when it hits 200 fragments.

All items are recent, downloaded and installed today.

I had a problem back in beta where i would amass 200 fragments sooner than the bot would attempt to autosolve, I lowered the time to make up for this, I believe this time has been lowered since private betas, I ask that you watch the bot for a solid half hour or so, and see when exactly you get 200 fragments, and when the bot is autosolving.  Adjust your times accordingly.  If the bot is going through the tabs, either you dont have enough fragments, or there is a problem when the bot trys to autosolve.  Try to also post a log of when the bot does its autosolve.  Also please keep in mind that the bot does not use the sigils or whatever theyre called correctly at this time.

I had a problem back in beta where i would amass 200 fragments sooner than the bot would attempt to autosolve, I lowered the time to make up for this, I believe this time has been lowered since private betas, I ask that you watch the bot for a solid half hour or so, and see when exactly you get 200 fragments, and when the bot is autosolving.  Adjust your times accordingly.  If the bot is going through the tabs, either you dont have enough fragments, or there is a problem when the bot trys to autosolve.  Try to also post a log of when the bot does its autosolve.  Also please keep in mind that the bot does not use the sigils or whatever theyre called correctly at this time.

The logs don't seem to show anything about the autosolves, whether is fails, or succeeds.  Is there a way to enhance the detail in the logs?  I also trying to figure out why it keeps mounting, going straight up (way way up), moving forward, and coming down to cast a survey, sometimes when nothing is in front of me at all.  A few times it even dismounted at apogee, and killed me.  There are a few other bugs I'm trying to track, but the logs tell me nothing.

ive seen this flying issue you are describing, Unfortunately the way the bot logs cannot be changed by the user.  Usually the logs are helpful to mods and devs to solve most problems.  Back to the issue described, at this time we cannot find the cause, it will be looked into further.

Archy can also interfere with how autosolve works as it changes the blizz ui, we will look at working with this addon in the future, but cannot give a definitive yes or no as to implementing support or when it will be implemented.

• 1 month later...

Alright time to bump this one abit.

I tried this for the first time today and ran into several problems. I´ll just stack em up

1) When arriving to a digsite it tries to do the first dig juuuuust outside the orange area. This doesnt work ofc and after 10 sec he runs into the area but after first "scan" he often runs to the other side and try to dig juuuuust outside. Eventually he gets it right every now and then.

2) When finally finding something, he doesnt loot it. He ignores it and start scanning for the next artifact. I have Loot Chest ON so I dont know why he ignores it.

3) No autosolving, I havnt even got that many artifact yet anyhow :/

4) If there is water in the digsite he tries to swim over it and sometimes dive down to the bottom and drown when he tries to scan.

5) As he doesnt fly while diging (I know this from reading above) he sometimes takes very strange ways to get to his next scan when he very easily could have flown there in a sec.

I do not have any archeology addons. I do use sexymap and carbonite if there are any known problems with those?

Go ahead, make my day :P

#3 - i just saw this has a 20 min default timer. So that might be it.

Ive also looked at the guides in Tutorial section which I missed while searching in the help section for previous threads about this.

Seems like the sites are sometimes 0 0 0 location and some are even unmarked in "active" section.

Still troubleshooting, you do the same %5Burl=

Main problem is still not looting the stuff he finds.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

For anyone going nuts over this without Addons I ran into the problem that every time I came back I was max fragments and it wasn't solving. After watching for a while it turns out that being a Druid and travel form being my default flying mount you can't actually solve artifacts whilst in shapeshift form. Make sure you change flying mount to an actual mount if you are a druid and it will solve while flying.