everyone should know how private servers detect bots, everlook

junger2017

i have been botting  for 2 months , there are few things as a newbie i found out that they can tell if all your accounts which are botted or not, if they really want to get into the details, in general it is the same for any other servers.

#private servers have anti cheats such as 'warden and änti cheat trinity"

1, they are monitoring network traffic which done by anti cheat, will give flags to accounts are botted

2,they can identify patterns of behavior that are typical of bots,such as spells and abilities in a specific order( running on heavly used fight classes will get your account a botting flag by anti cheat but not a ban yet if gm wasnt there)

3,they can tell if you are running on the same cumpter or not even using with proxy and vpn, they are able to collect your info with software from your computer such as installed fonts, hardware and software configurations, they are using the information to identify if multiple accounts are being controlled by the same machine,even with vpns.

4,they can tell if your account is botted through all kind of logs, such as chat logs(identify ad bots),gameplay logs(  actions,locations,movements etc),inventory logs(when you got items and when ),combat logs(damage dealt and taken,healing done and taken)

5,they can tell account registrations are from your browser same as games are running from the same computer.

server admin can do all of above, if they really want to, sometimes they just dont have the time to get into details but simply ban those obvious accounts

Here's my take on this as a software developer:

• yes, but the traffic they can check is usually not very useful, only your WoW client communicates with their server
  • I doubt they actually collect THAT much data. Most pserver owners don't have the infracstructure. Pserver are already running at their physical hardware limit and data warehouse costs extra $$$
  • It's long been rumored, that they found an exploit in the WoW 1.12 warden that lets them execute abitrary commands on your PC, so they can do a traceroute and see if any of the IPs matches - this was never confirmed
  • again, see point number 2. They obviously have logs, but definitely not to the extent you mention. They absolutely do not log the positions of 5000 players every tick (100ms) - where do you even store that amount of data? Yes, inventory logs and gold transactions as well as mail traffic are OBVIOUSLY monitored. Similar thing for combat routines.
  • browser fingerprints have been known for a while - use Brave in icognito mode BEHIND A PROXY/VPN to create new accounts, this doesn't need to be said twice

If they can tell what games you have running on your computer, you either downloaded additional software or that exploit that lets you execute any code through Warden is real. I doubt it's that. It would be highly illegal and is essentially the same as turning the WoW client into a trojan for as long as you are connected to their server. They could just use the code to download an ACTUAL trojan. If you strictly monitor traffic on your own system, I'm sure you'll find this is not it.

I have discovered that the server's anti-spam protection is blocking my access to certain features, such as the ability to communicate in the game after reaching level 12. I have confirmed that my combat and inventory logs are easily visible and that the issue is related to my internet provider's IP address being flagged as spam. I have attempted to resolve the issue by using a company static IP provided by my own company and by using consumer random IPs commonly used by the general public, but both have been unsuccessful. Even when using my company's computer, which has never been used to play on the server, I am still unable to talk.

6 hours ago, junger2017 said:

I have discovered that the server's anti-spam protection is blocking my access to certain features, such as the ability to communicate in the game after reaching level 12. I have confirmed that my combat and inventory logs are easily visible and that the issue is related to my internet provider's IP address being flagged as spam. I have attempted to resolve the issue by using a company static IP provided by my own company and by using consumer random IPs commonly used by the general public, but both have been unsuccessful. Even when using my company's computer, which has never been used to play on the server, I am still unable to talk.

Are you using quester bot or just grinder? If grinder, its obvious that in that server you have to do some quests to avoid anti-spam protection.

• 3 weeks later...