Skip a failed quest

Heidan

Unfortunately, I didn't find any information on the forum and examples in free profiles.
Please tell me how to get the bot to move to the next step in case of failure of the quest? For example, when it is necessary to protect the NPC or perform for a certain time. In this case, the bot continues to perform the quest indefinitely. I would like to make the transition to the next step in case of failure of the quest.

20 hours ago, Matenia said:

Your only bet is running a script that keeps checking for failed quests and abandons them via Lua

I understand that you need to create a script, but I'm new and I have little experience to do it myself. I think this is an important option in the bot. Since without it, the bot gets stuck. There are many such quests and it would be good for everyone if it were easily accessible. At the moment, everyone ignores such quests. If I found an example in the available profiles, I wouldn't bother anyone and would try to figure it out myself. While there is no easy way to do this, could you show an example script and how to implement it?

On 10/30/2023 at 6:16 AM, Heidan said:

Unfortunately, I didn't find any information on the forum and examples in free profiles.
Please tell me how to get the bot to move to the next step in case of failure of the quest? For example, when it is necessary to protect the NPC or perform for a certain time. In this case, the bot continues to perform the quest indefinitely. I would like to make the transition to the next step in case of failure of the quest.

You mean failure of quest  if some quests are timeout means failed ?  or some server bug prevent user  to complete it ?

if timeout failed you can use  PlayerQuest.StateFlag to check quest status, if server bug then ...it hard to solve. maybe you write the quest id and use a plugin to skip it .

anyway  you can try this to check if it works:   /script local q = C_QuestLog.SetSelectedQuest(32706); C_QuestLog.SetAbandonQuest(q); C_QuestLog.AbandonQuest()

12 hours ago, libai said:

You mean failure of quest  if some quests are timeout means failed ?  or some server bug prevent user  to complete it ?

if timeout failed you can use  PlayerQuest.StateFlag to check quest status, if server bug then ...it hard to solve. maybe you write the quest id and use a plugin to skip it .

anyway  you can try this to check if it works:   /script local q = C_QuestLog.SetSelectedQuest(32706); C_QuestLog.SetAbandonQuest(q); C_QuestLog.AbandonQuest()

Thanks for the answer, but I don't need to delete the quest. I need to check the status of the quest for a failed quest due to a timeout, the death of the accompanied NPC or other reasons why the quest changes to the status - "failed". So that the bot itself could determine this status that appeared during the quest. For example, in the quest setting - Is Complete condition or any other option for checking the status of the quest - "Failed".