DirectX Hook option

Koala590

Hello,

Some weeks ago bliz have added new detection method (to detect if an wow function for lua is called from DirectX) ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooking#API.2FFunction_Hooking.2FInterception_Using_JMP_Instruction).

For safety, I have quickly changed the method used by WRobot to call Wow functions (to not use directx, I have also added warden protection).

After more research, the new detection method does not affect WRobot usage (probably target honorbuddy). I have made new update to add option (Use directx) to give you the possibility to use this method again.

Why use DirectX: Hook directx method is used by a lot of authorized softwares like Fraps (Warden cannot detect if directx is hooked by Fraps or an wow bot, for this reason WRobot warden protection is disabled if you use directx). You can get problem if you use software like Fraps when wrobot is launched, if you use custom directx version or if you have low fps, and bliz have try to detect usage.
Why not use DirectX: Works on all computers (you don't need to update directx...), even with low FPS. But it is very easy for the warden to detect hook (for this reason, warden protection is activated when you use this hook method).

• 3 months later...

I mostly understand the above post, without the direct x option checked it's more compatible with more computers, but didn't really answer which is safer to bot with, I just want to have the safest settings running.

Well he did answer the question, the DirectX Hook Up is the safest option and should be always on.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk