Shadow's WRobot Installer **4/03/13**

Shadow

Welcome to the WRobot Installer by Twizt3dkitty thread. Please reply with any bug reports or suggestions. If necessary PM me as well. I will update this post with progress when necessary. I would like to say to all new users that this installer is fully functional in its current state. The releases tagged rxxx are simplily hotfixes to include new updates to wrobot, however the update script at the end will download these files anyhow, so to new users, once you install this, you do not have to reinstall new updates of my installer, you can simply run the updater. I will continue to update my installer to support new versions of WRobot for new users however.
-Kitty

------------------------------

Shadow's continuation

I'd like to thank Kitty at this time for all his (yes he was a guy lol) work on the installer and showing me the ropes and helping me with the compiler and programing to continue maintaining this installer for us all.  Im going to just continue this thread since he started it, and do my best to update as needed.  He set it up so it pretty much updates itself, but I should be able to do minor updates when needed.

-------------------------------------------------
My installer extracts all WRobot files to C:\Program Files X86\WRobot\ or wherever you tell it too, then creates a desktop shortcut to WRobot.exe, and adds WRobot/Update and WRobot/WRobot to your start menu programs. It will also add WRobot to your Add/Remove programs in control panel, and has a built in uninstaller. (which will delete all traces of the program and files/directories associated with it.) After extracting all of these files to their new homes on the host computer, the installer will silently run update.exe to check for newer files from the time of my compile, and also updates the base package.  This step is only done if the installer can access the internet and our download servers are online.
-------------------------------------------------

-Checks that .Net Framework 4 Client Profiles are installed.

-Installs .Net Framework 4.0 Client Profiles if necessary.
-Installs WRobot and updates it.

**I added the check for DX9 and a slip-streamed install for it, however I have no real way to test whether this is working or not, as DX is not something that can be uninstalled from Windows. Should the files be missing or out of date the installer should install them for you. Droidz also included some fixes to the bot code in Alpha6 that should correct this problem, so at this point the check in the installer is more of a precaution.
***Windows 8 is where the only potential problem comes up because of known issues with DX9 conflicting with the operating system itself, as win8 requires dx11. (cited goo.gl/H7ntG). The dependency script has been updated to include Windows 8 support, but back to the origional statement, Windows8 does not always play nicely with dx9, please respond with any errors you come across.

____
Ideas
-Bot is complete feel free to post suggestions.

I am aware that virustotal is flagging this, It is a false posotive caused from using Setup Factory. When I have a final release I will submit the file to whoever is flagging it for removal, but cannot say that any updates thereafter would not be flagged again.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/330775dc7b4d926434167842367f199071a130e6b9ebfecf3d93016e02f1c949/analysis/1362255257/
http://www.indigorose.com/forums/threads/33892-Setup-Factory-9-has-malware-and-trojans-can-t-believe-it explains the false positives.
Antiy-AVL Trojan/Win32.Genome.gen 20130116

===Virustotal Update===

I have submitted the file and its source to Antiy-AVL, they responded stating they would review the installer, then have not returned my emails.  I am still trying to contact them.

===================

----------------------------------------------
Download -Current Release r108
----------------------------------------------
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e50is51whrpyj29/Shadows_WRobot_Setup.exe

---------------
Change log
---------------
12-27-12
Alpha 0 Released
     -See OP for BuildLog, Changes will obviously be posted here.
     -I hope to have alpha 1 out by Monday, but my weekend is very busy, and Raid intensive in game.

12-30-12
Alpha 1 Released (needs a few fixes, ran short of time)
     -Added pre-load files to bot extraction to prevent update.exe from accidentally not loading these files
     -Added check for previous version and uninstalls silently, this will help with testing newer builds
     -Created Custom banner for installer supporting WRobot and MMORobot
     -Created generic EULA (Droidz feel free to change, modify, or use this entirely)
     -Allowed changing the install Directory

-[WIP]Built shortcut support to start menu, and desktop (needs work, most broke and directory does not work)
     -Changed how Update.exe is launched when installer completes (but also broke)
     -Needed to prep in game for a Raid, so Hopefully Ill get an update out again later tonight. Check back soon :D

12-31-12
Alpha 1a Released
     -Tweaked Uninstaller (still having issues deleting the foldertree, this causes uninstall previous version to not work quite right)
     -Changed the way shortcuts are created but still having scripting issues
     -Forced start menu shortcuts to Update and WRobot because selection screen is not working
     -Fixed update.exe being launched after installer closes.

1-3-13
Alpha 2 Released
     -Rebased the installer with all current WRobot system files, fixed uninstall bugs and updating errors by doing so (still working on uninstall on upgrade)
     -Changed the way shortcuts are handled (again) and they broke (again) [not working right now]
     -Changed Install progress screen due to adding more base files
     -added internet connectivity check to http://download.wrobot.eu (to be sure download server is online)
     -added internet confirmation place holder page (will eventually run update.exe /s here)
     -added no internet connectivity page and directed all errors to it warning wrobot may not fucntion properly without the latest updates.

1-4-13
Alpha 2a Released
     -FIXED SHORTCUTS (YAY!!!!) (just need to edit some text and where things are placed.
     -Fixed Misc typos and removed extra text where not needed
     -Fine tuned Install Progress screen
     -Fixed internet connectivity error (still need to update the setup screens)
     -(Silent updates are not yet integrated, this feature will be added in Beta)
     -Special Thanks to Droidz for adding the silent install switch.

1-4-13

Alpha 2b Released

-Rebased with new updater

-Integrated 1-4-12 update to add login error information.

1-9-13
Alpha 3 Released

-Rebased to include Beta 6 files

-Added new vertical logo to opening and closing screens  (let me know what you guys think of this, Its not an original image, and I am open to other suggestions)

-Completed all Internet connection check screens and modified to also check mmorobot download servers to be online.

-Corrected some text typos and grammer

-Completed shortcuts screen and fixed bug when trying to add shortcut to wrobot and update to the same location

-Added Setup Icon themed for WRobot (this is not the icon of setup.exe, but the Icon that shows up in Win7+ in your taskbar while installing.)

-Ok Changed the Icon for WRobotSetup-a3.exe as well :P

1-16-13

Beta 1 Released

-Rebased to include Beta 7 files

-Removed all Alpha and testing related notes

-Included silent update check

-Completed uninstall support

1-22-13

Beta 2 Released

-Rebased to include Beta 7 Hotfixes

-Rebased with new update.exe

-Changed silent update to include Packages *Fixed alot of bugs with the bot itself*

-Fixed another typo in dynamic update screen

-Fixed last bug in uninstaller.  All paths and start menu locations are now removed.

1-24-13

Beta 3 Released

-Rebased to include Beta 8 changes

-Updated 'update.exe'

-Revised and Recompiled to support .net 4

-Automatically uses Trial key.

1-29-13

Final r100 Released

-Quick bugfix relating to update.exe

-Removed check for .net 4.0 Framework

-Updated to check only for .net 4.0 Client Profiles

-Added initial support for wowx86 shortcut

1-29-13

Final r101 Released

-Removed trial key file (will be included in next update to wrobot)

-Added check for C++2010x86

2-03-13

Final r102 Released

-Recommeded to Reinstall because of the change to C++

-Updated bot to beta9 (Lots of changes, see change log)

-Removed check for C++2012x86

-Updated check for C++2010x86 to SP1

2-09-13

Final r103 Released

-Added Beta 9 Hotfixes.

2-23-13

Final r104 Released

-Changed the installer to simply repackage the zip file and run the updater silently.  The installer no longer repackages the entire bot itself as I have changed the uninstaller to delete folder trees,  So now the installer will just run the update.exe.  The installers file size was greatly reduced because of this, but the live update now takes longer, and is needed.  I still need to rewrite the internet connectivity pages, but the installer is functional as of now.  Please report any bugs or errors you come across.  A final note is Symantec is now flagging the installer as SONAR.Heuristic.  Just another false positive, SONAR.Heuristic is a heuristic detection for processes based on certain attributes. Meaning since this installer downloads other files from the internet, it can cause a threat in the future.  I will contact Symantec to try to fix this.  http://goo.gl/iovJC cites the Symantec false positive.

2-25-13

AV Update

-Symantec has responded, and will be removing the installer as a detection with their next live update to virus definitions.  Still waiting on Anty to reply back.

3-2-13

Final r105 Released

-Fixed typos and changed internet connection check screens to reflect (in text) how the installer operates now.  This was entirely a cosmetic update, nothing involving how the bot or installer works has been changed.  It also seems Symantec has updated their definitions to exclude the installer as a threat as they promised, Thanks Norton :)  Wish Anty was this good with responding to my emails :(  I sent them the source twice already...

3-20-13

Final r106 Released

-Updated installer to reflect wrobot's current internal version number [cosmetic change]

-Updated all refrences to twizt3dkitty to reflect Shadow, and corrected link to this thread on installers opening screen.

-Credited twizt3dkitty for origional work and design of the installer in the license agreement.

3-24-13

Final r107 Released

-Removed check for c++ runtime to add windows 8 compatibility as using 2010 aparently broke this.  I am looking into a way to check OS version and run 2010 sp1 if OS <= win7 and run 2012 is OS = Win8.  For now it only checks for .net 4.0 client profile, as per Droidz post at the dll should be included in the bot, please report any errors in this thread.

4-3-13

Final r108 Released

-Added check for C++ runtimes again, should only install c++ 2012 U1 if Windows 8 is detected, and install c++2010 SP1 if Windows 7 or lower detected.

--Dialogs are messy right now, but setup will install perfectly fine so long as you read and click cancel when you are instructed to and not ok.

--One bug introduced by this, setup will attempt to install c++2010 on Windows 8 and alert user that it cannot be installed, this is normal and fine, I am still looking for a way to do this silently.

-Changed internal version number to match WRobot 1.0.4

While there is not much of a community for it right now, I would also be willing to rebuild the installer for Champions Online CRobot after I have WRobot's installer finalized.

Very Good,

My suggestion: Add possibility to choose install path and and add option for make a shortcut to wrobot folder on the desktop

I'll add Silent Installation in "Updater", for auto install wrobot if it is launched with your installer.

fantastic, just let me know which switches to use, Ill get some more work done on this today.  And by option to the folder, do you mean the directory itself, or just the option to add desktop shortcuts.

Very Good,

My suggestion: Add possibility to choose install path and and add option for make a shortcut to wrobot folder on the desktop

I'll add Silent Installation in "Updater", for auto install wrobot if it is launched with your installer.

This is causing me some problems with uninstall options because the uninstaller built from my compiler only deletes the files included within it, so any files added by running update.exe remain along with the folder tree.  I tried addressing this by using a folder.deletetree(%ProgramFilesFolder%/%AppFolder%) type command, but it doest seem to work.  I then thought about creating a basic batch file that would delete the directory, manually and call the batch file from the uninstaller, then delete the batch when the uninstaller closes or on reboot, but there must be a cleaner way to get this done.

If a silent switch is added to update.exe install/update, I can easily add a page that checks for internet connectivity, then runs the file on a "checking for updates" page depending on the return of the internet connectivity check.

I think I got the directory shortcut added correctly, but giving the user the option whether to add these shortcuts or not is causing some issues, but Im working on ti.

hey,

fantastic, just let me know which switches to use, Ill get some more work done on this today.  And by option to the folder, do you mean the directory itself, or just the option to add desktop shortcuts.

Option to add desktop shortcuts

This is causing me some problems with uninstall options because the uninstaller built from my compiler only deletes the files included within it, so any files added by running update.exe remain along with the folder tree.  I tried addressing this by using a folder.deletetree(%ProgramFilesFolder%/%AppFolder%) type command, but it doest seem to work.  I then thought about creating a basic batch file that would delete the directory, manually and call the batch file from the uninstaller, then delete the batch when the uninstaller closes or on reboot, but there must be a cleaner way to get this done.

If a silent switch is added to update.exe install/update, I can easily add a page that checks for internet connectivity, then runs the file on a "checking for updates" page depending on the return of the internet connectivity check.

I think I got the directory shortcut added correctly, but giving the user the option whether to add these shortcuts or not is causing some issues, but Im working on ti.

You can check if the download server is online if you can load this page: http://download.wrobot.eu/wrobot/bin/updateinfo.php or if you can download this file: http://download.wrobot.eu/wrobot/bin/WRobot.exe or this (xml, list all wrobot download files) : http://download.wrobot.eu/wrobot/bin/update.php 

For uninstall I haven't solution (I don't know what software do you use for make installer), but an batch can be good

just found a bug in the internet connection validation if the validation legitimately fails, Im pointing the script to the wrong page, its not a problem in the script thank god.  ill get this fixed for a "a2.1" release with some typo corrections as well later on.

Ill start working on this after the weekend, as I posted last week, the weekends are very hectic for me, I do plan to have most alpha bugs fixed before monday however.

>>Bumped released Alpha 2b added updates released today, see changelog.

I have added silent install, use argument silent=true (Update.exe silent=true)

ps: redownload updater

Droidz, I have somewhat of an idea on how to do this, I need to check if i can add arguments or switches from within the installer, Im not finding a way to do that right now, but what I can do is create a simple bat, using

@echo off

start /b Update.exe silent=true

And running it as installsilent.cmd.  The /b will run it without a window

I have 1 question and 1 possible issue with doing this,

1st question is after running that screen I have no way of knowing when the 'update' or 'download' that update.exe is doing finishes. so I dont know when to move to the next screen.  because the cmd im making finishes executing after it runs update.exe, what I need to figure out is how to tell when update.exe finishes before I continue to the update success screen in my installer.

This may or may not work out.  I guess I just need to test it.  Otherwise I just need a graphic for the vertical banner, and for the most part my installer is done :)

Droidz, I have somewhat of an idea on how to do this, I need to check if i can add arguments or switches from within the installer, Im not finding a way to do that right now, but what I can do is create a simple bat, using

And running it as installsilent.cmd.  The /b will run it without a window

I have 1 question and 1 possible issue with doing this,

1st question is after running that screen I have no way of knowing when the 'update' or 'download' that update.exe is doing finishes. so I dont know when to move to the next screen.  because the cmd im making finishes executing after it runs update.exe, what I need to figure out is how to tell when update.exe finishes before I continue to the update success screen in my installer.

This may or may not work out.  I guess I just need to test it.  Otherwise I just need a graphic for the vertical banner, and for the most part my installer is done :)

Installation is finish when Update.exe process is closed, If he are one error, message box shown error by Update.exe.

>>Bump<<

Alpha 3 released, and screenshots posted.  Most major bugs have been fixed, now I just need to fine tune the uninstaller and slipstream the update.  I have successfully integrated a silent update into the installer, but have not included it in this release as I need to do more testing.  I was also able to create a mock installer that only runs the updater (silently) so the file download size is much smaller, however this introduced a bug when uninstalling.  Any files downloaded by update.exe that are not included in the installer itself are not deleted upon uninstallation.  So  basically the uninstaller only removed the program from add/remove programs entry, but left the install directory and all files inside, because the uninstaller did not view them as part of the original install package.  This also unfortunately means that any files added (not modified) by update.exe over time will not be uninstalled when using the uninstaller.  I am currently working to fix this.  If anyone know how to code into a batch file to delete itself after executing, that would be appreciated.

@Droidz, if you will read over the EULA and see if there is anything you would like to specifically add or remove, I am no lawyer and all I did was google 'generic software eula' then replaced %ProgramName% with WRobot and %CompanyName% with MMORobot.  I did however add a section on Blizzard Entertainment just to blanket you since this is a bot.

@Creative, do you have any feedback to the installer I built for you?  I was wondering how my DX9 checks worked out.

@other testers, has anyone else tried this, I find it to be a very nice package :D

great news, and yes, i can launch update with arguments at that time, it would be during preload for the uninstaller however, because update.exe is deleted during uninstallation.

could anyone tell me if im checking the correct key for the install path of world of warcraft, specifically if you are on a 32bit system.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft

in there is a string "InstallPath" with a value (in my case) of C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\

so theoritically If I can make a variable of InstallPath and get its value from that registry key, I can then work with it as a directory and move on with creating the shortcuts.

great news, and yes, i can launch update with arguments at that time, it would be during preload for the uninstaller however, because update.exe is deleted during uninstallation.

Ok, I'll add option to uninstall in the update.exe

could anyone tell me if im checking the correct key for the install path of world of warcraft, specifically if you are on a 32bit system.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft

in there is a string "InstallPath" with a value (in my case) of C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\

so theoritically If I can make a variable of InstallPath and get its value from that registry key, I can then work with it as a directory and move on with creating the shortcuts.

Me I have also (probably old path, I have not update this path) "SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft" >  "InstallPath" (get wow folder path).

see I dont have that key, i dont have blizzard entertainment in my software, its in wow6432node so im not sure where I should be looking, the uninstall support would be great, even if all it did was delete everything in the included in the current directory, i can take it from there.

I found a bug relating to the quicklaunch shortcut created when logging into the bot.  the target with the argument of  AutoAttachAndLog=true is setting the target path as the current path of where wrobot.exe is located, which was fine if you were doubleclicking on wrobot.exe from its directory.  But if your launching it from a shortcut, the quicklaunch shortcut is created with the target of the shortcut to wrobot.exe, example:

quicklaunch is targating

C:\Users\Kitty\Desktop\WRobot.exe AutoAttachAndLog=true

because C:\Users\Kitty\Desktop\ is where the shortcut is located, when it should target the target of the shortcut.  In my case

"C:\Program Files (x86)\WRobot\WRobot.exe"

but this of course changes depending on where your install path is set from within my installer.

I can fix this myself by adding the argument to the shortcut created from within my installer, im just not sure what will happen if you try to run it before you put the key in.

I have moved your topic because I have changed permissions of beta tester forum.

This shortcut is created for users that launching wrobot directly in the wrobot folder, it is for this reason than this shortcut is created in wrobot folder.

You can make this shortcut where you want, if he have no key or no launched wow process the program stop on login window (as if you launch wrobot without argument).

i understand what you are saying, but test what I am saying.  the autoattach shortcut is being created outside of the wrobot folder as well.

This shortcut is created for users that launching wrobot directly in the wrobot folder