[Installation] How to for Beginners (with screenshots)

Shadow

I know that Droidz has already gone over this, but i thought I would provide something a bit more detailed. I am also leaving my custom installer out of this how to until it is finalized, if you would like to try that out, you can do so At the time of writing the latest version is Beta 5, should anything change in the future I will update my thread.  Also sorry for my changing desktop backgrounds, my theme changes every 3min, I meant to disable it.  Im sure AezploW will appreciate it though lol.

1. Download all needed files, VB .NET 4.5, C++ 2012U1 x86, and WRobot.zip
-http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653 - VB.Net 4.5
-http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 - C++
- - WRobot

117e0ps.jpg

1a. Also download and install winrar or another extraction utility if you like, I use winrar in my examples. It can be downloaded from here.

2. Install both .Net Framework and C++ before extracting WRobot.zip

3. Move your WRobot.zip file to where you would like to run the Bot from, in my example I am using C:\Users\Kitty\Documents\WoW\
2efpdw8.jpg

4. "Extract here" WRobot.zip, you should now have your bot directory containing 4 files.
34zlyxs.jpg

5. Double click on Update.exe to start the installation. You will see 3 new folders download (circled in red) in a few seconds.
ay2fcy.jpg

6. Click on the Install or Update button from within the update.exe file.

6a. You can now see your bot had downloaded all of the needed files to run to its directory we set in step 4. While the amount of files updated may differ from what I saw at the time of this writing, you want to verify that you see the words "Update Finished" You can now close the updater.
350s0mo.jpg

7. Update your bot by opening the update.exe file one more time, and repeating step 6 by clicking Install or Update again. While this step is optional, its a good idea just to make sure everything is current. you should only see 3 steps in the updater, 1 - Check files at updating, 2 - 0 file(s) at updating, and 3 - Update finish.
20zd0ma.jpg

Congratulations, your bot is now installed and up to date. Remember to run the updater from time to time to make sure you are using the latest version. Now lets configure the bot to login.

8. Open wow in 32bit mode (This is required for the bot to operate) You can create a shortcut to the direct file if you like, I will add a reply comment with instructions for using WoW in 32bit mode. At the time of writing and to my knowledge WRobot will run on DX9 or DX11, Droidz please correct me if I am wrong.

9. Open WRobot.exe after WoW is running. You can see your wow process followed by your logged in character name, if you don't see these, please make sure you have your character logged in game.

2im6bo.jpg

10. Under the key field you must enter your license key, WRobot is not free software and requires your subscription, you can buy you subscription from Your license key can be found under the 'My Purchases' link of our website here. Next to the key field is a check box for 'save'. Your going to want to check this other wise you will need to past your key in every time you run the bot.

261ow1d.jpg

11. Click on launch bot, and your up and running.

29w8iag.jpg

Enjoy :D

• 3 weeks later...

can you help me with this error ""please select game process and connect to the game""

I'm connecting the game with my char but then when i click launch on bot i get this error. what am i doin wrong?

• 2 months later...

I am having this exact same problem.  I logged into the character that I wanted to play, did not have any other copies of WoW open, and WRobot does not show any processes, even if I hit refresh.

Even though this tutorial needs to be updated, this bug was fixed, please make sure you have installed c++ 2010 x86 or c++2012 x86 for windows 8

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I am having this exact same problem.  I logged into the character that I wanted to play, did not have any other copies of WoW open, and WRobot does not show any processes, even if I hit refresh.

Do you have lanched wow in 32 bit mode? 

I thank you very much for referring me to CCleaner, I have not seen such a thorough program for free before.

I ran it, cleaned everything, rebooted, made sure that WoW was 32-bit, and had the same problem yet again.

I really do like CCleaner, thank again for mentioning it.

• 2 months later...

iim having the same issue "please select game process and connect to the game" its getting annoying because i paid my $50 bucks and i haven't been able to use it yet and i have downloaded everything need and i did what it says in the instructions and I'm still getting the error... I even reinstalled it twice rebooted my computer ect. please help

iim having the same issue "please select game process and connect to the game" its getting annoying because i paid my $50 bucks and i haven't been able to use it yet and i have downloaded everything need and i did what it says in the instructions and I'm still getting the error... I even reinstalled it twice rebooted my computer ect. please help

Hello,

Do you launch wow in 32 bit?

Please create new topic here and share your log.

• 1 month later...

im having the same issue as evryone else here says elect game procces and connect to game i installed both files you provided made sure its running in 32 bit im running windows 8 can you tell me how to fux thi problem please thanks

im having the same issue as evryone else here says elect game procces and connect to game i installed both files you provided made sure its running in 32 bit im running windows 8 can you tell me how to fux thi problem please thanks

Topic here: