Suggestion for better profiles and fight classes

pwagon

Hi, I used the trial version of this bot a long time ago. I have now purchased a month and was hoping to either pay monthly or buy a lifetime subscription.

However, while there are some excellent fight classes and profiles for certain things, there are quite a few things lacking.

From my own personal experience, Ii have noticed, very few aliance questing profiles, a good levelling balance druid build. in the past I made my own profiles for my monk and at one time my druid, based on what I wanted to use it for.

It takes time to make decent fight classes and profiles, not such an issue when the bot was free, at the time I had considered putting my own builds here for everyone to use, but I felt at the time that someone else could do better and that some of my builds were for specific use cases. those builds are now obsolete due to class changes in the game, I do have a decent dread wastes ore farming route that I may share, it needs a few nodes blacklisted first.

I feel that users need some kind of incentive to add new profiles and fight classes to the community. the tools supplied with the bot are excellent and I feel that this bot could be so much more if we had a bigger, better range of profiles and classes.

Is this something that can be facilitated by the creator of wrobot? maybe a free month for best fight classes/profiles, or even a lifetime subscription to users who provide a lot of good resources and keep them updated? is this something that the community would buy into? would you build and share your profiles if there was an incentive?

I certainly would be more inclined to build and release fight classes and profiles if I didn't have to pay for the privelage.

I think this would also help the community to grow, i have a programming background and found the profiler quite easy to use, but many users don't have that training and many just want to 'set it and forget it'.

Sorry for the long post, I look forward to seeing everyones opinion on this.

Let's say, you create a decent FightClass / Profile for the Bot and think about uploading it to the site, but then you realize, that every single person can download it. ( even the users without a paid bot sub )

Then you'll change your mind and gonna keep the FightClass / Profile private, cuz why you wanna share work with ungrateful leechers?

Example.. I made for TBC and Wotlk FightClasses for every class and i'm not really playing TBC... but with the current download permissions, i'm simply not interested in releasing my stuff.

The people i share my Profiles with, gonna give me suggestions, are thankful and going to share with me too their private profiles.

And much people don't want to share their stuff, cuz they want to be the only one using it, what i totally understand.

Why are not that much questing profiles on here?

Cuz it takes alot of time ( i hate the quest editor tool... ) and after you've put weeks / months into it, you won't share it with other people.. Why should you?

Just my opinion why are not that much decent profiles on here.

That's a very fair point, which is why i'm suggesting some kind of incentive, would you be more inclined to share with everyone if you were compensated in some way?

13 hours ago, pwagon said:

That's a very fair point, which is why i'm suggesting some kind of incentive, would you be more inclined to share with everyone if you were compensated in some way?

No.

It would be fine, if the permission for the download section get changed, to strict only users with a paid bot sub. ( visible for everyone, but not able to download stuff without a paid sub )

But this won't help with questing profiles & co, cuz it's alot of time and effort needed to realize that and most people doesn't want to do this for free. ( 1-100 needs months of work )