Computer freezes up

Jechtshot

Sorry for doublepost but heres a hint.

I searched trough that win10 update because it bothered me so much. There are indeed LOTS of players who complain about performance issues due to a win10 update. A recent update activated a function called GameDVR without you knowing. This cause lots of trouble. You can disable it in the registry, or disable it by having a microsoft-account.

Try googling it, else i will post you the regedit path here, or when im at home. Think i need to check this on my notebook too, since theres win10 also (girlfriend playing WoW on it)

On 2016-08-18 at 8:24 AM, KevinVapes said:

Sorry for doublepost but heres a hint.

I searched trough that win10 update because it bothered me so much. There are indeed LOTS of players who complain about performance issues due to a win10 update. A recent update activated a function called GameDVR without you knowing. This cause lots of trouble. You can disable it in the registry, or disable it by having a microsoft-account.

Try googling it, else i will post you the regedit path here, or when im at home. Think i need to check this on my notebook too, since theres win10 also (girlfriend playing WoW on it)

Hey!

I tried disabling GameDVR and while I was at it i disabled a bunch of other things that could tax my computer. This did not fix the problem however. I formated my harddrive pretty recently but I'm tempted to try it again. Any more tips are very welcome!

17 minutes ago, Jechtshot said:

Hey!

I tried disabling GameDVR and while I was at it i disabled a bunch of other things that could tax my computer. This did not fix the problem however. I formated my harddrive pretty recently but I'm tempted to try it again. Any more tips are very welcome!

Sorry to hear, thought this could be it. Well any addons that might disturb anything cant be it, since you turned everything off right? If drivers are also up to date, you might wanna try with another game? Dont try WoW maybe something diffrent, so we know if it is the hardware or not.

7 hours ago, KevinVapes said:

Sorry to hear, thought this could be it. Well any addons that might disturb anything cant be it, since you turned everything off right? If drivers are also up to date, you might wanna try with another game? Dont try WoW maybe something diffrent, so we know if it is the hardware or not.

It doesn't happen with any other game and neither does when I play WoW without Wrobot. Just when I turn on Wrobot my computer starts going ape poo. I'm really confused. I run WoW at the highest graphical settings and it occasionally lags in raids and big cities, other than that it always run smoothly. Today when I ran Wrobot my graphic card actually crashed a bunch of times. Could it be a graphic card thing anyway? I always run WoW on the lowest graphical settings whenever I use Wrobot though.. So I'm clueless here :(

Well, as i dont know HOW Wrobot uses your resources i cant really specify here.. the whole NoDX-Thingy sounded so logical to me, but you already tested this without success. Maybe Droidz can bring some light in this darkness.

• 5 weeks later...