When buying 'farming' accounts...

Hapiguy

Make sure that they're from a reputable source, or simply avoid the headaches and make accounts in your name and bot them up from 100 using the free boost, etc.

Reason:

I had two bots running, keeping it low key since the last banwave, so if I got hit again, I wouldn't lose my butt...

One of the two accounts I was using was recalled by the owner, and when they 'investigated', they realized that he had been guilded, and had been botted like a mofo for the past couple weeks.

They continued to dig, and ended up locking my other actively botted account, as well as 5 additional accounts, including the guild master/banker account.

The end result: they removed all of the stored herbs, currency, items, I went from a 6 tab guild bank full of dreamleaf and yseralline seeds, and approximately 2.3 million liquid gold to nothing in a matter of 24 hours.

Market value on the remaining unsold dreamleaf and yseralline seeds ~ 1.5 to 2m, so it was a massive hit to my operation

This was all from only 2 bots over the past 2-3 weeks, btw... :blush:

Be careful, and limit your exposure at all times!!

I cannot stress this point enough!

Oh, also lost a bunch of lvl 101 BoE Epics like an 850 and 855 ilvl socketed Six-Feather Fans, which made me want to cry, because those sell for a ton...

Around 12-15 lvl 101 BoE's...

:sad:

RIP man. That sucks. Buying accounts seems so risky even if the seller is reputable. Even if they don't recall a sold account, theres no doubt that some risky activity could have happened before you were sold the account. Who knows how many people reported the account you could be buying.

Just now, dexs said:

RIP man. That sucks. Buying accounts seems so risky even if the seller is reputable. Even if they don't recall a sold account, theres no doubt that some risky activity could have happened before you were sold the account. Who knows how many people reported the account you could be buying.

True.

Sometimes, you simply can't resist a good deal.

That being said, the guy that ended up screwing me over was a longtime 'buddy' online... how's that for sad?

He was butthurt because I didn't want to use him for any more PL's, when it took him 12 days to level a character from 90-110...