How to target self

Hello, hoping someone is able to help with this question OR Droidz can hopefully add it in. I want to be able to target self ( Heals/buffs etc ) WITHOUT the " Auto Self Cast " checked in the Interface options of WoW. If this is impossible to achieve, then can it be added some how? Its able to target other things just not self?

I saw the option when I added the spells to " Cast on self " I made this option True but it still doesnt cast. It just selects the spell and doesnt select itself afterwards. Ive been successful at creating a healbot type class up to this point. However, either it ONLY heals itself ( With auto self cast turned on in Interface ) Or it ONLY heals party and cannot target itself. I sure hope you can add some kind of fix to this. I'd imagine if the system can target party members etc fine then targeting itself should be a none issue.

I sure hope im simply over looking something and someone can point out the step I am missing.

EDIT: In most situations it NEVER has to heal itself. Only during freak occassions or other faction is ganking. In those two situations, especially the ganking part it NEEDS to be able to heal itself. I guess for temporary purposes ill just have a secondary healer class grouped up just to heal the "healer" during " Oh *hit " moments lol

To add to this, the issue im having is that when bot tries to heal party it switches off mob to the party member that needs healed. But often times, he starts the cast AFTER switching back to the target. So it ends up healing itself since there is an enemy targeted. This is super bad if I use anything other than 1 -1 ping setting in advanced options. If I use 1-1 it at least heals correctly in about 1 out of 3 tries. I have tried the speed up rotation option but that doesn't seem to fix it. So, how can I increase the time he targets a party member to heal before switching back to enemy? That appears to be the issue. He flashes back and fourth and cant keep up I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

No one has anything to add to this? Not at all?

Again, my issue is that when bot switches to target party member it doesnt get the heal off in time before it switches back to the mob. Therefor, it ends up casting on itself. How do I fix this? Ive already messed with latency and increase rotation speed option. 1 - 1 Latency works the best. But it still only heals correctly in about 3 out of 5 heals. Sometimes, it will cast renew on itself numerous times before its successful on party member. Once it does this it will NOT cast renew again until the renew timer ends on itself. Even though the condition is for target.

Edit: And I feel I know exactly what would fix it... it keeping the party member targetted for maybe 500ms longer than what it does. Is this an editable value? If not, can it be added?

Edit2: Forgot to add. I changed the FPS setting inside editor of the healer to 20 and capped FPS to 20. This seemed to have helped to, but did not eliminate the issue.

Oh and it cant buff party members either. It will just spam the buff until you turn the bot off. Doesnt read that there is a buff. But in development tools it shows that its reading the buff.

On 7/9/2017 at 2:55 AM, Zickefoose said:

To add to this, the issue im having is that when bot tries to heal party it switches off mob to the party member that needs healed. But often times, he starts the cast AFTER switching back to the target. So it ends up healing itself since there is an enemy targeted. This is super bad if I use anything other than 1 -1 ping setting in advanced options. If I use 1-1 it at least heals correctly in about 1 out of 3 tries. I have tried the speed up rotation option but that doesn't seem to fix it. So, how can I increase the time he targets a party member to heal before switching back to enemy? That appears to be the issue. He flashes back and fourth and cant keep up I guess.

I have this exact issue...

On 7/25/2017 at 4:08 AM, Zickefoose said:

No one has anything to add to this? Not at all?

Again, my issue is that when bot switches to target party member it doesnt get the heal off in time before it switches back to the mob. Therefor, it ends up casting on itself. How do I fix this? Ive already messed with latency and increase rotation speed option. 1 - 1 Latency works the best. But it still only heals correctly in about 3 out of 5 heals. Sometimes, it will cast renew on itself numerous times before its successful on party member. Once it does this it will NOT cast renew again until the renew timer ends on itself. Even though the condition is for target.

Edit: And I feel I know exactly what would fix it... it keeping the party member targetted for maybe 500ms longer than what it does. Is this an editable value? If not, can it be added?

Edit2: Forgot to add. I changed the FPS setting inside editor of the healer to 20 and capped FPS to 20. This seemed to have helped to, but did not eliminate the issue.

Oh and it cant buff party members either. It will just spam the buff until you turn the bot off. Doesnt read that there is a buff. But in development tools it shows that its reading the buff.

I found a solution... you gonna love me for it.. =D

can I take a moment to brag of how smart I am to find out about this solution ? ugh..

Okay, turn off "Auto self cast"  from interface at Combat. This way when the bot is designed to heal a friend, it will only cast when friend targeted. BINGO! Now it you will never heal itself :)

Yeah I've done that. That's why I asked for a way to heal itself and party members. Because the healer needs healed occasionally to. Ive done some work arounds but nothing really fixes it. I just need to keep high on the spirit with healer for when he wastes heals on itself. That works for now.

2 hours ago, Zickefoose said:

Yeah I've done that. That's why I asked for a way to heal itself and party members. Because the healer needs healed occasionally to. Ive done some work arounds but nothing really fixes it. I just need to keep high on the spirit with healer for when he wastes heals on itself. That works for now.

do you mind sharing your Fightclass so I can take a look? In a private message!