Vmware or HyperV?

oppen

On 15.9.2017 at 11:01 PM, oppen said:

Is there any minimum req. for Ram and CPU on the VMware, for it to work optimal ?

I am currently using it with 3 GB RAM and 2 Cores HT @2,56GHz. It works pretty well.

Windows 10 Home ~ 300-400mb RAM

World of Warcraft 2GB RAM (min. req - https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/76459 )

WRobot 200mb RAM (100mb usage + 100mb buffer)

The system is not optimated at all.

Personally I use Windows LTSB inside VMWare Workstation since its resource usage is so low and all of windows 10 functionality is there. VMWare Workstation does not allow GPU passthrough but it seems irrelevant, you'd need ESXI for that. Otherwise its pretty damn smooth, i even casually raid on some of my bots when I feel like actually playing WoW and it gets very solid FPS. There are certain instances where not allocating enough resources to the virtual machine can cause wow to "disconnect" due to low ram/video ram and I do not know the solution to this other than to restart the machine and/or use the relogger app.

im good with workstation, even on hdds, had better cpu usage on hdds than on ssds when it came to max out everything, but for less than 15 bots youre good with ssds. just use 1 bot = 1 ip = 1 vm. 3.3 gb ram @ 32 bit windows and 1 core 2 threads

13 hours ago, gunmarine said:

im good with workstation, even on hdds, had better cpu usage on hdds than on ssds when it came to max out everything, but for less than 15 bots youre good with ssds. just use 1 bot = 1 ip = 1 vm. 3.3 gb ram @ 32 bit windows and 1 core 2 threads

I am wondering how u guys come up with such high ram numbers. I am not using WRobot yet but my Windows 7 32Bit VM used less than 1GB while using the trial.

Edit: I'm stupid, I was trying it on 2.4.3 - ofc it's using a lot less ram

too many crashes since 7.x.x., when 6.x.x was live I was fine with 1.5 gb ram for each vm (1 core 1 thread) with 28 vms in total at 98% cpu load for my naxx/gundrak/hdb bots, nowadays its way more, im good with 3.5 gb 1 core 2 threads. my current limit is about 18 vms, so became a way worse than 6.xxx...anyway, ram is cheap, if you have 64 or even 128 gb you should better spend more ram to your virtual machines than less to avoid any crash.

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2017 at 1:06 PM, Ajkthx said:

Personally I use Windows LTSB inside VMWare Workstation since its resource usage is so low and all of windows 10 functionality is there. VMWare Workstation does not allow GPU passthrough but it seems irrelevant, you'd need ESXI for that. Otherwise its pretty damn smooth, i even casually raid on some of my bots when I feel like actually playing WoW and it gets very solid FPS. There are certain instances where not allocating enough resources to the virtual machine can cause wow to "disconnect" due to low ram/video ram and I do not know the solution to this other than to restart the machine and/or use the relogger app.

i tried workstation pro, graphic is smooth. Its not pure passthrough but vmware have their tricks. the problem i have with the wow client in workstation is the mouse, it goes uber sensitive and its quite impossible to navigate. I run vanilla client btw.