Safety of using accounts that were all created on same machine (no proxies or vmware)

RADON

What's up everybody.

I have been botting for about a month now (do not want to mention the server for safety reasons, anybody can view this forum ?) and I have quite a bit invested in more than a couple accounts. For some reason, it never really occurred to me to use proxies or virtual machines when creating the accounts or botting on them, however I now would like to transition over to VMware for safety as the value of these accounts is growing exponentially and it would be a much bigger loss to lose them now than before. I also had a bit of a scare as somebody accused me of botting for the first time, which I reacted within a minute to but he persisted in saying "it took you too long, i know you were botting". I haven't used Wrobot since this happened (very recently) and am not banned, but it's brought my profession/gold "business" to a grinding halt. I read CocoChanel's post on safely botting, and the first point is this: 

1. Use a VM for EVERY account, and make EVERY account on that VM and ALWAYS use a proxy for your browser when you create the account, and ALWAYS use a proxy when botting.

This makes a lot of sense, and isn't something I had put any thought into when starting out, however I have a question about this:

Is it still safe to transition these accounts onto VMWare w/ proxies, or is it pointless as the server admins already have record of what pc/network the accounts were registered and frequently used on? I know I could create new accounts using vmware and transfer all of my valuables to new accounts so that in the event of a ban, the loss wouldn't be as huge (profession skills, levels, and gear would be lost tho) however, I'm mostly concerned with keeping those accounts isolated and avoiding an HWID ban.

What do you guys think? Should I start using vmware for all of them and assume that this will indeed give me more security? Or do you think it'd be pointless/arouse even more suspicion that they all of the sudden started logging in from new locations/pcs?

Feedback greatly appreciated & thank you for your time ?

• 2 weeks later...

For them to read your HWID they would need to install anti cheat program on your PC, something like batleye, only this way they could read the HWID. Not even a blizz-like warden (back in the old days) could, now blizzard CAN read (for example through battle net) which is illegal btw but thats another story.

There is absolutely no way ANY private server can read your HWID unless you install some shit. They can read IP only and I doubt if they even see your MAC address (99% likely not).

Ip + what you do in game is the only trace that can chain ban accounts.

3 hours ago, johnblaster123 said:

For them to read your HWID they would need to install anti cheat program on your PC, something like batleye, only this way they could read the HWID. Not even a blizz-like warden (back in the old days) could, now blizzard CAN read (for example through battle net) which is illegal btw but thats another story.

There is absolutely no way ANY private server can read your HWID unless you install some shit. They can read IP only and I doubt if they even see your MAC address (99% likely not).

Ip + what you do in game is the only trace that can chain ban accounts.

This. Your IP is really your only breadcrumb trail when it comes to pservers.

With that said, it really depends on the effort the admins of said server go to investigate. It's pretty easy for them to maintain records for a registration IP and a list of IPs that last played on that account. It's why CocoChanel states what you quoted in that way- You want to keep the identities of each account unique so if they do catch a bot, the registration and played IP is not anywhere else in their db (used on other accounts), and you avoid a potential chain ban.