Avast detecting Wrobot as Malware

Bot4life

Hello, I have downloaded WRobot to try before I purchase a botting program, and Avast keeps deleting WRobot.exe because of a malware threat. I ran in sandbox and I can confirm the bot does work, however I need a work around for this before I buy

there was also an update pushed today that should help with antivirus false positives.  I had helped a member that had great problems installing back in beta using avast as well.

Also, if you actually check into the 'virus' that total virus flags these files having, one is PAK_Generic.001

This is the Trend Micro detection for possibly malicious executable files that are compressed using Win32 compression tools.

http://about-threats.trendmicro.com/Malware.aspx?language=au&name=PAK_Generic.001

That means that Trend Micro flags any file it cant scan whether it is truely malicious or not, just because it is compressed.

Most of our files end up flagged either because they are compressed, or have the ability to download new files to your computer, (ie. live update)

WRobot is not Malicious software.