DoTing several targets/target switch

anderolon

Hi there,

I'm trying to find a way to cast my DoT spells on several targets in grinder mode. Is there a fight class condition or option that can make the toon switch enemy targets before the first one is dead? I just wan't to find a way to get 2-5 enemies attacking the toon before casting AoE spells.

I had a look around and I couldn't find any posts about this.

Good question haha. I'm not too sure. I have a lock on my account, will try and make a fight class tonight and see if I can get some dots going for ya!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Hello,

You can use script lua similar at (with option no spell is lua code):

local nameSpell = GetSpellInfo(44614);
if (not nameSpell) then return; end
TargetNearestEnemy();
CastSpellByName(nameSpell);

Replace 44614 by your spell id (this script works with mage level 1).

You can add condition unit "Unit attack Player near" to limit number of targets.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I've tried to do as you have written and added the following as an Lua script condition for my Sunfire spell:

local Sunfire = GetSpellInfo(93402);
if (not Sunfire) then return; end
TargetNearestEnemy();
CastSpellByName(Sunfire);

Using this script the toon targets and enemy and follows the movements but doesn't cast. I've enabled 'Not Spell, is Lua script'.

Droidz, couldn't you make a new condition that tabs through targets within 30 yards, and once all dots are casted on targets it stops tabbing until they need to be refreshed... Just wondering. Not sure if it is possible but if you could that might work.. Mabey.. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried out the file and it works for a spell with cast time, but the script doesn't seem to work with an instant cast DoT spell (Moonfire) with condition 'target buff' for my dot. The bot will cast the Dot on the enemy, switch target, then quickly switch back and refresh the Dot on the original target.

Also, I tried making a macro for target nearest enemy as Networkz suggested so the bot uses the macro every 2 seconds and changes target but the bot doesn't seem to want to use the macro when in combat and if the bot changes target, it will just go straight back the enemy it was originally attacking.

I wonder if setting a focus target and casting over focus would work. But I have no idea how to cast on focus with the bot, even if you can. But even in WoW making a focus target and focus target macros seem to work. I know HB had the dots but if it could switch between targets I'm trying to rememeber.. so a focus macro may work. Just cast on focus target instead of target target.. maybe it will try and switch itself back and fourth.

• 1 month later...

I sooo Want this option!!! I tab target ever time when Im attacking big mobs groups as a tank and or DPS. So this is Idea for maximizing bot DPS on massive pulls.

I hope it comes to play soon, tab targetting is a big thing for every tank or dps trying to maximize.

• 1 month later...

Yeah Once this happens All other bots will just not cut it to me at all. Believe me I have tried them all pretty much and this one is my FAVORITE.

• 9 months later...