Can Wrotation be made more effective?

Jscagg92

I was wondering if there's a way to make Wrotation a bit more effective DPS wise, either something I can do, or something that the devs plan to do in the future. As it stands, Wrotation is alright, but not great. It certainly gets the job done, but there's a big DPS loss. I tested it out on a dummy with two toons, one is an alt that's not very geared. The bot averaged about 32K DPS with it, when I played it was 52K DPS. On my main, the bot averaged 145K, but I easily did 210K.

I was a little surprised, I assumed that since it was a bot, it would have perfect timing and rotation order. (Something that I, as a human, screw up occasionally.) So right now, I'm not that comfortable using Wrotation in LFD/LFR, because I feel like it won't preform well enough. So I was just curious if there was a way I could increase its effectiveness, or if something like that was in the works.

I've actually got a thread up about this on the beta test forum, the rotation doesn't use abilities as soon as they are ready, it feels slow and sluggish quite often - which is a shame.

Yeah, it does feel a bit slow. And it doesn't 'think'. Like when my Killing Machine procs on my DK, but Obliterate is on CD and won't come off for 3 or more seconds, I spend KM on Frost Strike. WRotation just lets it sit there, which is a big DPS loss.

My sub profile is pretty mental I've got a lot of fake pooling and thinking going on.

For example I have eviscerate using 2 lua scripts that check if there's at least 10 seconds left on slice and 10 on rupture (it's more like 12 and 8 seconds but just generalising) and if there is it will use 5 CP on an evis if not then it will build into anticipation (fake combo points, basically 5 anticipation is like having 10 CP).

My slice and rupture abilities both refresh before they drop.

I'm not 100% but I think I can sort that issue for you using some of the lua scripts I currently have in my profile, I'll play around with a frost profile tomorrow.

But all that aside, sometimes its slow and it's not because of conditions - it just simply varies in speed on and off. The only issue I really have with it now sadly.

Tested the 5.4 frost dk profiel by King Similie - it seems to be using Frost Strike when KM is up and Obliterate is on CD.

Is that the issue you wanted resolving? If so just try grabbing that.

Most of the thinking is condition based.

What you basically want to fix your issue is another version of your Frost Strike that has a buff condition checking for KM. That is assuming you already have a Frost Strike that's used to dump RP at certain amounts?

If you're using your own then upload yours to here in a reply and I'll fix it.

Sorry for the slow/late reply, our times zones are different so things are a bit off. I'm using the standard fightclass that came with the bot when I downloaded it, which I'm assuming is Ohren's Fight Class Collection, since I tried downloading and installing that and got a "Would you like to overwrite the folder with this name on it already in this program" message.

Once I compared the DPS of the bot, to my self, I set it aside. That was the biggest issue that I noticed, but there might be other smaller one's that I didn't spot because I didn't spend much time using it on a dummy and watching how it worked. I'll definitely check out King Smilies profile, and I really appreciate the help here. I'll play with it a bit more tomorrow, and Smilies as well, and see if any other issues crop up.

Something else I noticed on my Monk (The 32K DPS character I mentioned in my first post) was that after it had enough stacks of Tiger's Eyebrew to use it effectively, it didn't. I'm sure that can be fixed with the lua script though. I really need to look into learning how to play with the lua script so I can try some stuff out my self instead of having to bother others with it.

Edit: Thanks again for the help, I'm very grateful.

Hello,

For one, check if your fightclass use all spells required and if optimised.

If your fightclass is good but slow, you can:
  • Activate options (in advanced general settings) "Unlock fps limit" and "Improve combat rotation speed".
  • In the fightclass settings you can also increment "Frame per seconde".

(More you have fps in wow, more wrobot is reactive, use low image quality in wow to get the best fps).

A lot of things can be improved with multiple conditions outside of lua. Certain things though like refreshing something before it falls off as far as I know needs an lua script or the above example where you want to watch 2 sets of durations and act differently above / below those times.

But yeah, what Droidz says as well, try those.

Let us know how the King Similie one works, sounds like the initial fight class just wasn't made that well tbh.