[Poll] Quester bot profiles

Droidz

10 members have voted

1. 1. I have only one question, what is the best way for create profiles for you?

• C#/VB
    • XML
    • LUA
    • Others

I'm familiar with XML. And I've been learning VB to try working on profiles, but you are releasing AWESOME xml creators faster than I can learn. xP

Thats what were talking about, making profiles, but due to the nature of questing, and interacting with npc, creatures, and objects, the profile has to be written in a programming language. I think lua would be the easiest to work with. As c and vb require some prior knowledge. But no matter how you look at it, there is no way these profiles can be made without programming experience. Another option is to look at the old profiles from wow robot if they exist anywhere, or look at other bots and see about converting other profiles. I know it entirely depends on how it was coded however. Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah i ment i stick to doing gathering profiles and fight classes. Sometimes I really wish I had learned some basic programming.

But we need gathering and fight classes also :)

Isn't lua's syntax pretty close to vb's?

names = {'Droidz', 'Shadow', 'Loki', 'PlayingNaked'}
for names = 1, 4 do
     print (names)
end

Would loop through the array with our names and print them out.

I only tried learning lua for a week or two, then got sidetracked... so I may have slaughtered that. But I can probably manage some lua programming with a few days of refreshing.

Im 10+years out of college and unfortunately remember next to nothing as i never put anything i learned programming wise to practice. Wow, im not that old lol 10yrs out of highschool, more like 5-6 out of college i guess Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I was reading part of a lesson on C# in the break room at work before clocking in, and one of our truck drivers COMPLETELY blew my mind. Old hillbilly guy, answered a bunch of questions I had dealing with C#.