Gathering oddities.

fall0ut

I am a very new user to wrobot, but I am a long time bot user in warcraft.  In my opinion the more life like a bot can be the more impressive it is.  Every bot I have ever used was too perfect and followed obvious rules.  After going from 1-600 in both herbalism and mining with wrobot, here are some ways I think the gathering ai can be improved:

1. Do not land directly on top of the node.  Human players typically land next to the node then farm, they certainly do not land on top of the node every single time.  It would be more realistic if wrobot landed say 5-10 yards from the node and ran up next to the node to farm it.  This could potentially lead to pathing issues if the node is on a hilltop or if there is a tree or something in the path.  In the case of getting stuck fly and land on top of the node.
  2. If a mob attacks the player before the node has successfully been farmed, wrobot will fight/kill the mob.  When the mob has been killed wrobot mounts, immediately dismounts and begins to farm the node again.  This is silly no human player would do this.  When the mob is killed wrobot should immediately farm the node and not mount until the farm is complete.
  3. When straying from the flight path to farm a node, do not return to the last known point on the flight path before continuing to follow flight path.  Let me explain:  Currently wrobot follows a set of way points defined by the user.  When wrobot detects a node to farm, it strays from the user defined points and farms the node.  when the farm is successful, wrobot returns to its last known user defined point and continues on its path.  in my opinion this appears very calculated, not human-like.  I think a fix for this would be, instead of returning to the last known point, skip x amount of points ahead to return to the path.  In theory wrobot would not backtrack then continue on its path...  It would instead always be traveling forward around its path.
  4. I have found if there are 2 or more nodes to farm in very close vicinity of each other, wrobot will farm one node, mount and fly to the next node only a few yards away.  wrobot should instead not mount, but just run to the next node as long as it is within x yards from current location otherwise mount.

I have played very little with the fight classes on a training dummy.  I am very impressed thus far with the conditions.  Although as a rogue I would like to see a condition "if behind target".  Also it would be cool, if the target has a buff (like stunned or sapped) wrobot will move the player behind the target.  You guys have done a fine job designing this program.  If you ever implement automated questing I would be happy to test and build profiles from 1-90.

Edit because im a noob...

found this topic about checking for behind target..    going t otry it when i get home...  made me start thinking there are some other conditions for combat that may be possible already if not would be neat to add for human like actions.

1. a universal wrobot spell to move player behind target if condition is met.  example:  some mobs cast spells where the player must run behind the target to avoid damage or to attack successfully.  so a universal wrobot spell for move behind target would be rad.  also something very similar except to move away from the target for x amount of yards.  if condition is met, turn 90 degrees right and strafe right x amount of yards and stop until condition is not met then resume combat.  again some mobs cast an aoe the player should move out of to avoid massive damage.
Edited by fall0ut

Questing profiles are possible through custom profiling but requiers programming. There is not yet a "user friendly" way of doing them. But we are hoping Droidz and the team will come up with such feature.

Questing profiles are possible through custom profiling but requiers programming. There is not yet a "user friendly" way of doing them. But we are hoping Droidz and the team will come up with such feature.

As much as I would love to see this implemented, its unfortunately just not possible. Interaction with npcs or opjects requires scripting.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

all you really need to do, is add options to add quest by ID and have a detection method if "named" quest is complete or not complete

Theres still the matter of acutually having the bot do the quest if its found not completed, and with that were back to interacting with npcs and objects.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2