Request Fight Class Frost Mage

plaintiff

Hi, i was wondering if it would be possible to get some one to make a frost mage fight class or help me one on one with it. I have played with it a bit i got mine to summon water elemental, spam frost bolt an occasional ice lance and after like 2 frost bolts it blinks away then spams again, as for my shield, mirror image, invis and ice block i tried setting those up but very very rarely do i ever see it cast em when possibly needed. and i cant figure out how to "lua script"? to set it up to cast ice lance or frost fire bolt when proced .....

so in order im looking for it to work something like summon water elemental, cast ice barrier on cd, cast nether tempest when needed (every minute if possible), spam frost bolt, throw the frozen orb and fire off ice lance and frost fire bolt when procced for them. If its made to also use buffs such as casting arcane brilliance, frost armor, icy veins, alter time, or spells such as mirror image, invis or ice block thats just a bonus.

Thanks in advance to anyone who either helps me or makes the fight class. 

posting my fightclass as it is now looks a mess to me lol 

i apologize about not posting the topic correctly just realized i forgot the brackets 

Mage-Frost.xml

First, I suggest starting over completely. It appears you knew what you wanted to do from the start, but on multiple attempts to fix issues, you have caused more of them on accident. This example assumes that you are L90.

TALENTS
15 - Presence of Mind
30 - Ice Barrier
60 - Cauterize
75 - Nether Tempest
90 - This one is suggested to be Rune of Power, but that requires a bit of lua programming. Invocation is pretty cool sounding, but since it also causes some negative effects, seems less sexy. I personally do not have a L90 mage, so I can't exactly help with that lua code on Rune of Power (yet). Invocation is also a lot easier to program in, and it moves with you (pretty nice for Horridon). For now I will use Invocation.

LEGEND
Lines with numbers in front of it is your actual damage rotation.
Lines starting with > is going to be your DPS boosters
Lines starting with | is going to be survivability.
Lines starting with = is going to be everything else.
Stuff that's PINK means it needs a talent.

I personally don't know much about Frost Mage's, but from my understanding and quick research (typing this on break at work), your fight classes order will be something like..

| Ice Block right after a Cauterize so you don't get left at 10% HP (or dead).
= Arcane Brilliance if it falls off.
= Frost Armor, just going to maintain this at all times.
 | Ice Barrier just cast when you're hurt a bit
> Evocation if you are missing the Invocation buff.
= Counterspell if your target is casting.
> Deep Freeze on trash when you have Fingers of Frost..
1. Nether Tempest on the target all the time.
2. Frostfire Bolt when you have the Brain Freeze buff.
> Presence of Mind every time it comes up. I came up with a THEORY to get this to be cast DIRECTLY before Frost Bolt, which is where it needs to be. This is also not on the GCD so it won't make you miss a beat.
3. Frost Bolt to 3 stacks of debuff AND maintain it.
4. Ice Lance if you have the Fingers of Frost buff.
5. Frozen Orb to proc Fingers of Frost buff so you use Ice Lance.
6. Fill it with Frost Bolt's.

I left Time Warp, Alter Time, Mirror Image, and Icy Veins off this list because they have CD's. If you plan on using this Wrotation in a heroic dungeon/raid environment, it would have a different place in our priority AND it would have different condition.

Since I really don't know Frost that well, I used Noxxic for the majority of the rotation and then I used Wowhead to get more detailed information on some spells to sort the rest of the rotation out. Research and planning will almost always provide you with a better fight class.

I screwed up on editing this, and lost the information, so instead, enjoy a picture of my chinchilla and I'll upload the fight class instead.

post-301-0-60266000-1365921797_thumb.jpg

Ok you came very close but i do differ from noxxic a lil and theres some things not needed such as mana gems i copy pasted the order as you had it and im going to make those changes in it for show ok. as for its use when im herb botting i tend to die alot as im only frost bolting and sometimes end up with multiple mobs on me so i just wanted it improved for survivability :). My additions to your list are color coded if green you had it pretty much spot on, if red its not needed and if its blue its optional idk either way if we add it :) lol

| Ice Block right after a Cauterize so you don't get left at 10% HP (or dead). - Correct

= Arcane Brilliance if it falls off. - Correct

= Frost Armor, just going to maintain this at all times. - Correct

| Ice Ward if you don't currently have it and if you aren't so full on HP. - I dont use frost ward i use frost jaw but in the class im looking for neither would be used.

| Ice Barrier pretty much the same as Ice Ward (Refer to the line right above this one) - Correct except can be used even if full health.

= Conjure Mana Gem if you currently don't have any Mana Gems- Mana gems are not needed as a frost mage with the invocation ability.

> Evocation if you are missing the Invocation buff. - Correct and i do use invocation not rune of power so thats a plus lol

= Use your Mana Gem if your Mana is below a certain percentage (Not sure how much mana one gives). - again no need for mana gems at all

= Counterspell if your target is casting. - optional nice addition if we add it in the class :)

> Deep Freeze on trash when you have Fingers of Frost.. - this would be ideal if i use this for something other than survivability during herbing but addable.

1. Nether Tempest on the target all the time. - Correct

2. Frostfire Bolt when you have the Brain Freeze buff. - Correct

> Presence of Mind every time it comes up. I came up with a THEORY to get this to be cast DIRECTLY before Frost Bolt, which is where it needs to be. This is also not on the GCD so it won't make you miss a beat. - Correct i forgot to mention that. when im playing i have a macro that does this it casts Presence of Mind then frost bolt and if PoM is on cd it just casts frost bolt. as well as needed script to make it so the errors dont show if PoM is on cd. but in the bot ill have to remake the macro right?

3. Frost Bolt to 3 stacks of debuff AND maintain it. - Correct

4. Ice Lance if you have the Fingers of Frost buff. - Correct

5. Frozen Orb to proc Fingers of Frost buff so you use Ice Lance. - Correct

6. Fill it with Frost Bolt's. - Correct

So with that revised list the work is shortened as some things on the list have been removed :)

i went ahead and followed the guide above as well to start the fight class so i now have those three set up :) when we finish this out ill upload it for all other frost mages :)

> Presence of Mind every time it comes up. I came up with a THEORY to get this to be cast DIRECTLY before Frost Bolt, which is where it needs to be. This is also not on the GCD so it won't make you miss a beat. - Correct i forgot to mention that. when im playing i have a macro that does this it casts Presence of Mind then frost bolt and if PoM is on cd it just casts frost bolt. as well as needed script to make it so the errors dont show if PoM is on cd. but in the bot ill have to remake the macro right?

My plan for it will not require a macro. I only have a few minutes to do some work on it right now, but I will have it finished by tomorrow for you.

awesome sounds good i looked at the other spells for teh wrotation and tried to figure out how to do em lol but still idk lol one huge thing is the lua scripting for the procs i look at it and my brain goes into shutdown lmao

Wow... I think I may give up on Arcane... L86 and this finished fight class is pulling 25k steady DPS on a single target training dummy....

lol arcane was awesome till the last nerf they did on it it hurt arcane really bad its slowly making a comeback with ppl changing how they play it but frost surged ahead. the last nerf really hrt arcanes mana conservation bad which hurt the dps on it and then they buffed frost lol so ya i switched then lol thanks again been watching it go and seems to work exactly as we talked about :) 

If you need more survivability on it, just let me know. I ran that on some L88-89 mobs with my little L86 mage, and it smoked them, didn't need much of anything else.