Won't gather items

Xeigon

Hello

This is my first try to make a Quest profile.

Its for some of the quests in tanaris. After some tries i finally got it to use a quest item.

Then i got a quest where i had to pick up some Steamwheedle Crates. So far as i could read i had to make that part a Gather. But it won't pick the item up. :(

Also my char stands and try to talk to thw quest giver even when it already have picked the 2 quests up. "Puddle Stomping" and "Seaside Salvage"

Can someone pls hlp me?

Tanaris 43 quest.xml

hey mate-

you have the fundamentals of quest profiles down which is good- This issue was the wrong quest ID for quest <<puddle stomping>> and <<Seaside salvage>>.  you had quest ID 24907 when it should be 25049.  So the bot didn't see the quest in its log and went to pick it up...over...and over..it wouldnt move on till it had that quest!  This often happens when alliance and horde have a similar quest.  the name and objectives will be the same- the quest ID will not.  you told an alliance character to pick up a horde quest and it just kept trying.

The way to get the right quest ID every time is in the profile editor > tools >helper tools.  see the pic below- those 3 buttons save me so much time!  It can give give the quest ID's in your log, the NPC ID's around you including game objects and can even give you the ITEM ID of stuff in your bag.  I have been writing profiles for months- found this out about a month ago.

As for the salvaging the dead things- i can see what you were going for with the interact with target- however they were alive and thats not going to be very efficient.  Droidz put a snippet of code into the below link to use tiems on NPC's with low health.  I modified to only work on dead things.  this is the code- see the link on how it works and how to implement.

Thread t = new Thread(() =>
{
    uint itemId = 52715;
    int questId = 25112;
    while (robotManager.Products.Products.IsStarted)
    {
        if (Conditions.InGameAndConnectedAndAliveAndProductStartedNotInPause)
        {
            if (!Quest.HasQuest(questId))
                break;
            if (ObjectManager.Target.IsValid && ObjectManager.Target.IsDead)
            {
                ItemsManager.UseItem(itemId);
            }
        }
        Thread.Sleep(500);
    }
});
t.Start();

I have attached the 'fixed file'  dont ask me how to program the balloon ride =)

helper tools.PNG

Tanaris 43 quest_mod.xml