World Quests profiles

Jechtshot

Hey guys.

I'm trying to make my own quester profiler for the first time. I'm totally ignorant when it comes to coding in general so this proves to be a bit of a task. The quest I'm trying to make a profile for is Rage of the Owlbeasts. I get the jizt of making a profile watching eeny's tutorials. The world quests usually have several different tasks for every quest though, what I mean is that in one world quest I gotta free some things and kill some. This is where I fail. I can only seem to chose either to interact or to kill using the quest editor tool. This is both a KillAndLoot quest and a InteractWithNpc quest. I'm assuming I can fix this via code but as I said I'm completely ignorant when it comes to code. Is there anywhere I can find some basic knowledge when it comes to this? Or is it some way to change the quest type for every objective?

I just can't get it to work. Any pointers? 

12 minutes ago, Jechtshot said:

Hey guys.

I'm trying to make my own quester profiler for the first time. I'm totally ignorant when it comes to coding in general so this proves to be a bit of a task. The quest I'm trying to make a profile for is Rage of the Owlbeasts. I get the jizt of making a profile watching eeny's tutorials. The world quests usually have several different tasks for every quest though, what I mean is that in one world quest I gotta free some things and kill some. This is where I fail. I can only seem to chose either to interact or to kill using the quest editor tool. This is both a KillAndLoot quest and a InteractWithNpc quest. I'm assuming I can fix this via code but as I said I'm completely ignorant when it comes to code. Is there anywhere I can find some basic knowledge when it comes to this? Or is it some way to change the quest type for every objective?

i should totally make a tutorial on this!

Ok,  so lets say you have a quest with 3 quest objectives.... first is kill boss, second is kill 10 minions third is free 3 slaves.

Objectives 1+2 are easy kill and loot quest pulses.. the third is an interact with target / gather depending on the quest.  

What i do is actually make 3 different quest entries. instead of 1 quest with 1/10/3 objectives respectively i make 3 quests with 1/0/0 second with 0/10/0 and third with 0/0/3 objective count.  you need to pulse all 3 Wrobot quests and each quest will have a different name (i suggest QuestNameObj1, QuestNameObj2, QuestNameObj3 and so on...).  you may end up with several pulses to complete the one (WoW)quest, but for a complex quest you get a complex solution....

21 minutes ago, Jechtshot said:

Hey guys.

See the attached profile an as example. its Azsuna's " a cleansing cocktail" world quest.

Objective 1- (Kill and loot) 5 Fatty bear steaks

Objective 2- collect(gather) 7 eggs

Obviously these wont work in 1 pulse( The quest pulse is just too different ), so spilt the quest into 2, manipulate the quest objectives to have one quest pulse complete after the first objectivee is finished and another finish after the second is finished.  you end up with the quest finished, just a bit more work,

Azsuna_daily's_backup.xml

Alright I'm doing a simpler quest, which I still mess up for some reason. It's the Withered Wrangling: Meredil and Ambervale quest. Here I'm supposed to use the Spellstone of Kel'danath on some withered dudes. I entered the spellID and targets but my character does nothing. I've tried entering the spell as both an object and a spell. It is one of those spells you get an extra action button for. Is there something obvious I'm missing? Thanks for the help eeny!

EDIT: My character just attacks the Withered dudes or just look at them and continue on to the next one.