Legacy servers

Arcangelo

The only way Blizz will ever launch a legit legacy server, is if there's a proven playerbase large enough to profit from, which I don't believe there is...

Everyone talks about how much they miss legacy WoW, but the fanboys and supporters of this aren't nearly as vocal or direct as the droves of raging assclowns that think WoD was 'AWESOME!!!'...

Again, unfortunately.

5 hours ago, Hapiguy said:

The only way Blizz will ever launch a legit legacy server, is if there's a proven playerbase large enough to profit from, which I don't believe there is...

Everyone talks about how much they miss legacy WoW, but the fanboys and supporters of this aren't nearly as vocal or direct as the droves of raging assclowns that think WoD was 'AWESOME!!!'...

Again, unfortunately.

Lots of different severs already running these games, all be it not as well. Played on a few of them. Kinda thinking that this will be an in game option that will run along side the other game play. There are the players out there, its a question of if they can be arsed.  We all got old :-)

You can't take private servers and use them as a petri dish, as they are never an indicator of actual available playerbase.

I get what you're saying, and I miss vanilla/bc/wotlk as well, BUT, if Blizz doesn't see a BIG revenue stream from it, they won't waste the time or resources setting up or maintaining this.

I hope I'm wrong, but their business model suggests otherwise.

But once again They are loosing players.

So They need to do something, and They dont need to do so much as They have backup of every final release of the game. So im sure They would make  $$ on it, so i just don't see a reasons not 2

Okay, let me explain why they have reasons not to:

1) hardware/servers/bandwidth/??? for legacy servers

2) staff to moderate and GM legacy servers (support)

3) development teams to handle bugs and issues as they arise on legacy servers (support)

If this is really going to be any level of success, they have to weigh the costs vs. the potential to retain customers AND get new ones.

They run a metric, and if it doesn't show positive growth, it gets no traction and dies before ever becoming a reality.

I think people forget one thing, Blizzard is a business, and they're in it to make money 99% of the time.

This might be that 1%, you never know, but the chances of that being the case are pretty slim, imho.

We shall see...

I know what you say is true.

But again, its a chance to make more $$ so i think They take it.

And again how many people do They need to get it running ? Not That many, and you can see the legacy player base is close to/bigger than the actually retail.

And if They setup a subscription for 2-3 euro for legacy servers i belive it would make them a decent Chuck of $$

But again we can only guess :) But i belive it will happen sometime, not sure its going to be annonced at the year blizzcon but i think it will sooner or later.

imo, if teams like kronos and nost could manage one i dont think it will cost them THAT MUCH they already have the staff and equipement for it.....

anyways i might be crazy but i think it would renegerate alot of revenu 

but i hear what yall says about all voice and blabla.. people say they will come back but probably dont

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2016 at 3:45 AM, Arcangelo said:

All I see them saying there is:  "Oh look, you wanted information about this... but we're going to give you information about something else entirely, while leaving you holding out hope that the original subject will surface again..."

On 10/16/2016 at 4:25 AM, style.lbz said:

imo, if teams like kronos and nost could manage one i dont think it will cost them THAT MUCH they already have the staff and equipement for it.....

anyways i might be crazy but i think it would renegerate alot of revenu 

but i hear what yall says about all voice and blabla.. people say they will come back but probably dont

Unfortunately, Kronos and Nost have NOWHERE near the capability to host a truly successful Legacy server.

They're stable with 10-15k people, at best.

Try 100k, or even 500k...

They don't currently have the resources or infrastructure for that kind of immersion... as far as I'm aware.

Sure, they can manage the software end of things, to some extent, but there's a LOT more to the process than most people seem to realize.