50FPS - Too high FPS?

Suspect

Hello Community!

My problem is that the bot automatic increases my fps from (15fps - default) to 50 fps when the bot gets started.

Is there a way that it stays at 15fps?

Best regards

For general WRobot usage, 15 fps is too low to works fine. But you can run this command in wow chat (or create macro) to put quickly maxfps at 15:

/run SetCVar('maxFPS', 15); SetCVar('maxFPSBk', 15);

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/08/2016 at 2:18 AM, Droidz said:

For general WRobot usage, 15 fps is too low to works fine. But you can run this command in wow chat (or create macro) to put quickly maxfps at 15:

The best way i can think of to get this to run would be in a fight class (as a macro) with a high priority and large cool down.  Am i being stupid or is there no way to call a macro fro the fight class editor?

26 minutes ago, da8ball said:

Which FPS would recomend minimum for the bot to work, Droidz? 

I thought the bot just reads memory so FPS is just for you to see =).

I run the bot on 8 all the time... i just have to manually change it to that setting.  (thus while im trying to script it)

13 minutes ago, eeny said:

I thought the bot just reads memory so FPS is just for you to see =).

I run the bot on 8 all the time... i just have to manually change it to that setting.  (thus while im trying to script it)

I just tried Droidz post 

and set to 60 fps, my CPU usage dropped from almost 50 to 10%. It was impossible for me to run 4 bots like I did before Legion. 2 Bots would crash my computer. So Im just trying to find out the minimum FPS withou compromising the bot.

I dont know about the bot usage, but WOW uses a lot! :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, da8ball said:

I dont know about the bot usage, but WOW uses a lot! :biggrin:

Exactly why im trying to automatically minimise it!

EDIT: i use relogger, so i can change the first session to not chew my CPU.. just after that while im sleeping my CPU is 100% for hours which isnt great for the computer.

I'll add option to avoid to change your max fps settings (I come back here when is added).

More you use lua, more you need a high fps. You can run WRobot with low fps, but you need to use basic fightclass (only some spells), you can also try to disable option "Avoid walls with ray (beta)" in advanced general settings tab Path-Fin... After the best way is to try.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, just wanted to know if there is a minimum required fps where  if too low the bot does not work properly? I went down all the way to 15 fps from 21 but would like to know for sure in the long run to not get stuck etc.