[Question] How To Check If Daily Quest Is Available?

Stresse

Hi y'all!

Sooo, I'm finally creating some profiles. Currently working on one for the Anglers Dailies.

However, I can't seem to find a good example of a profile where the bot checks to make sure the quests are available before trying to pick them up (I assume it is something we add as a "Can Condition").

If I have twelve possible quests, three of which will be available each day from one of seven NPCs, what is the best way to have it quickly go to each NPC, grab the available quests, and then go about its business?

Thanks in advance!

Why not just use runcode to interact with all potential quest givers and accept any quest they have, then once you have spoken to all and collected the 3 quests use "ifHasQuest" steps to pulse the quests you picked up?

I think part of the issue is I still haven't found a particularly helpful source for figuring out how to use Lua for WoW (my frame of reference is mostly Python, so I'm not hating on LUA or anything).

@eenyWhat "runcode" would I use (because right now, the bot stands there trying to interact with the NPCs for a really long time).

• 1 month later...

@Mike MailI agree! I'm hoping the same Lua script should probably help/work for World Quests, too. I think part of the issue is I still haven't found a particularly helpful source for figuring out how to use Lua for WoW (my frame of reference is mostly Python, so I'm not hating on Lua or anything). Mind helping me out?

@eenyWhat "runcode" would I use (because right now, the bot stands there trying to interact with the NPCs for a really long time).