adding npcs and mailbox

andrew peterson

addNPCS.jpg

1.) Select the mob you wish to use for repair on your WoW client.

2.) In the profile creator select the type of mob it is (I.E. repair for repairs, mailbox for mailboxs).

3.) Click the Add Target to Npc list button.

never added a mailbox to a profile yet, thats a good question, ill look into this.

<Npc>

<Entry>2046</Entry>

<Name>Andrew Krighton</Name>

<Position>

<X>-9464.06</X>

<Y>88.934</Y>

<Z>58.34372</Z>

<Type>None</Type>

</Position>

<Faction>Alliance</Faction>

<Type>Repair</Type>

<ContinentId>Azeroth</ContinentId>

</Npc>

<Npc>

<Entry>142075</Entry>

<Name>Mailbox</Name>

<Position>

<X>-9455.989</X>

<Y>45.82292</Y>

<Z>56.43953</Z>

<Type>None</Type>

</Position>

<Type>Mailbox</Type>

</Npc>

That's the code I tried using to make it repair/use mailbox. Completely ignored full inv.

this

<Npc>
    <Entry>2046</Entry>
    <Position>
      <X>-9464.06</X>
      <Y>88.934</Y>
      <Z>58.34372</Z>
      <Type>None</Type>
    </Position>
    <Type>Repair</Type>
  </Npc>

<Npc>
    <Entry>142075</Entry>
    <Name>Mailbox</Name>
    <Position>
      <X>-9455.989</X>
      <Y>45.82292</Y>
      <Z>56.43953</Z>
      <Type>None</Type>
    </Position>
    <Type>Mailbox</Type>
  </Npc>

That's the code I tried using to make it repair/use mailbox. Completely ignored full inv.

this is a problem Ive been noticing, I added venders and repairs to all my profiles so far, but the bot seems to only run there when it wants to, currently looking into this, and thread marked as unanswered, the op asked how to target the mailbox. 

If you use fly mount in your profile replace <Type>None</Type> by <Type>Flying</Type> (in your profile and in Data\NpcDB.xml).

But normaly I have fixed this problem with last update (if you use fly profile you can use only <Type>Flying</Type>, if you use ground pofile you can use <Type>None</Type> and Flying. in last update I have fixed profile creator for put automaticly flying if npc is outdoor.

Seems to me it only goes to the repair/vendor when the bot gets to the end of it's path cycle... maybe an option could be added so it can be set to vendor immediately upon bags being full?  And maybe add support for using repairbot type items, such as Jeeves and M.O.L.L-E

So we have to manually insert the mailbox code that is posted a few post up in our profiles to make mailbox work?

Doesnt necessarly look hard, but I can imagine the amount of profiles coming with mailboxes out in nowhere :)

Perhaps we can simply add a button to the creator that says "Add Mailbox at player position" that takes Players position and add

that to the above code? Should be pretty easy. (and Blizz, why we cant target mailbox?!?!?)

I also noticed that my default settings was "NPC mailbox: 1000 yds Radius". I went 0.0

A setting with "When x slots are free, visit mailbox/vendor" and "Durability is less than x%, visit repair"

• 3 weeks later...

i use tradeskillmaster to under cut stuff. so if mailbox can be added into this, and there is a way to automatic click the "post" in TSM, that would make me so so so much money in a legit way (sort of lol)..

<Npc>

<Entry>2046</Entry>

<Position>

<X>-9464.06</X>

<Y>88.934</Y>

<Z>58.34372</Z>

<Type>None</Type>

</Position>

<Type>Repair</Type>

</Npc>

<Npc>

<Entry>142075</Entry>

<Name>Mailbox</Name>

<Position>

<X>-9455.989</X>

<Y>45.82292</Y>

<Z>56.43953</Z>

<Type>None</Type>

</Position>

<Type>Mailbox</Type>

</Npc>

How did you get the ID of a mail box?

• 2 weeks later...

Im making a grinding profile and would like to dump through mailbox every now and then.

When my bags are full he goes to vendor and sell stuff and then go to mailbox and open it.

Then Im hit in the face with this. Then he close the mailbox and go back to grinding but with nothing mailed :/

In the end I will have no more space becoz the material I want to mail will fill my bags.

Is it an addon that messes with me. im using postal.

[Normal] 00:34 - MailBox found
[Error] 00:34 - Mail > SendMessage(string target, string titleMsg, string txtMsg, List<String> itemSend, List<string> itemNoSend, List<Enums.WoWItemQuality> itemQuality): System.FormatException: Indatasträngen hade ett felaktigt format.
   vid System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   vid System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   vid System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
   vid 盀楨✪埄홌믠鴙ꇭ.ԯ⋢ㆻẋ�¢(String 衎粀㹣舯﫱ಿ쏽⢭)
   vid wManager.Wow.Helpers.Mail.SendMessage(String target, String titleMsg, String txtMsg, List`1 itemSend, List`1 itemNoSend, List`1 itemQuality, Boolean& needRunAgain)

LOL problem solved!

WoW error reports poped up giving me this:

Date: 2013-04-07 00:33:39
ID: -1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 3
Message: [string "MailFrameTab_OnClick(0,2) local c,l,r,_=0 for b=0,4 do for s=1,..."] line 1:
   'then' expected near 'Parachute'
Debug:

Locals:

AddOns:
  Long list of addons.

The problem was.

When I first used the bot, I had a quest item in my bags called "S.A.F.E. Parachute" and this was on the blacklist for vendor and mail. You know, the "Do Not Mail This Item" box.

Apperantly the bot went crazy when I opened vendor and mailbox and didnt know what to do. So it closed and ran off.

Now when I removed the parachute from that box. BOOM! 54 slots free :)

So this is something for devs to look at, what items more than S.A.F.E Parachute will make the bot go crazy. You have the error message above to start searching.

• 2 months later...

So we have to manually insert the mailbox code that is posted a few post up in our profiles to make mailbox work?

Doesnt necessarly look hard, but I can imagine the amount of profiles coming with mailboxes out in nowhere :)

Perhaps we can simply add a button to the creator that says "Add Mailbox at player position" that takes Players position and add

that to the above code? Should be pretty easy. (and Blizz, why we cant target mailbox?!?!?)

I also noticed that my default settings was "NPC mailbox: 1000 yds Radius". I went 0.0

A setting with "When x slots are free, visit mailbox/vendor" and "Durability is less than x%, visit repair"

so we have to add all that code to get the mail box working right with the bot?

Thanks for that post! I'm doing something wrong. My bot will go to the mailbox but just stands right next to it. It Seems easy enough. After I type add mailbox it appears in the profile creator I don't see what could hinder this.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that post! I'm doing something wrong. My bot will go to the mailbox but just stands right next to it. It Seems easy enough. After I type add mailbox it appears in the profile creator I don't see what could hinder this.

make sure its Mailbox  not mailbox.    the bot is case sensitive.

• 2 months later...

Anyone have a profile to mining in Valley Of The Four Wings With mailbox in Alcor ? 

The fucking profile that i try sending mail, was located in a seller and I sold all ores had in 4 hours of farming. Even when prompted npc was a Mailbox, the bot I sold everything. not found a profile with which to test the mail.

I had to add the coordinates manually and try. But I will not lose more ores and time, if someone has the profile of mining with Mailbox functions facilitate I would greatly appreciate.