[Tutorial needed for procs in classes]

Loki

Hi guys!

So Im sitting with my shadow priest that I am currently leveling 85-90.

I have a rotation that works but what I am missing is a way to make Mind Spike work on proc only.

The proc is called "Surge of Darkness" and comes from the DoT Vampiric Touch.

The problem is, you cant have Mind Spike in your regular rotation just like it is because it will cancel our DoTs

which ofc will be very bad for a shadow priests dps.

---> So what I want to do is have a "Condition" that ensures that the proc is True if the bot use Mind Spike.   <---

In the condition list I see alot of stuff that Im sure has to do with procs but I dont know what to do.

Help me out guys.

Thanks

Alright I will try that when I get back.

It will be a copy/paste coz I didnt understand one thing from that line :)

I guess the "overlay" is the proc/aura and if its True then the bot can cast the spell in question. Nice nice!

Anyone else?

pretty sure thats it, if you check out the wowpedia link, you will see that it Returns whether spellID is using SpellActivationAlert (glowing-circle around it) currently, or not.  So a best example, in my warlock, I could use this to cast haunt when my soul shards proc as having an extra shard, i forget the proc name right now, but thats what this does.  Im not very good with lua code either, hence pulling my warlock profile, I feel others could write it better.

ty ppl

Blizzard desided to close their servers tonight so didnt get time to try it out. But I´ll do it tomorrow and I´ll get back to you guys with feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

Thats not very searchable Im afraid.

Im gonna google it ehen i get back home. Someone somewhere has to have made such a list.

Id like something that says:

Raging Blow ID1234 (on Enrage proc (ID567))

Mind Spike ID345 (on Surge of Darkness proc (ID678))

And so on. If there is no such, I will make it happen.

The result of this list will be better fight classes that are higher dps and more mana/rage efficient.

Im sure such list would be greatly appriciated by our ppl. But as I sayd, I'll sort it. Keep eyes open for thread.

So you can use that as condition instead of the Lua. Thats good stuff!

But I mean a list of what spell procs into what proc and what spell that benefits from it. Should be a full list of all these.

Also, check out Noxxic, they help me get rotations and priorities for my fight classes on characters I don't know very well (and even some I do). But to add this feature to the bot, seems like something that should be very low on the list of requested features. xP

You can also use this script for get spell id:

/run for i=1,200000 do local f=FindSpellBookSlotBySpellID(i,"spell") if f then local n,id=GetSpellBookItemName(f,"spell"),select(2,GetSpellBookItemInfo(f,"spell")) local s=GetSpellInfo(id) s=n==s and " " or "\124cFF4FF763"..s print(id,n,s) end end

When you are doing a fight class, go through this list and see if you have all the procs.

Death Knight

• Cinderglacier (Runeforging)
  • Dark Transformation
  • Killing Machine
  • Rime (Freezing Fog)
  • Rune Strike
  • Sudden Doom
  • Crimson Scourge
  • Will of the Necropolis
  • Scent of Blood
  • Glyph of Dark Succor (off by default)

Druid

• Combo Points
  • Eclipse
  • Nature's Grace
  • Predator's Swiftness
  • Omen of Clarity
  • Owlkin Frenzy
  • Shooting Stars

Hunter

• Kill Shot
  • Master Marksman (Fire!)
  • Thrill of the Hunt
  • Lock and Load

Mage

• Arcane Charge
  • Arcane Missiles
  • Blazing Speed
  • Brain Freeze
  • Fingers of Frost
  • Heating Up
  • Hot Streak

Monk

• Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm
  • Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick
  • Vital Mists
  • Elusive Brew
  • Chi

Paladin

• Art of War
  • Daybreak
  • Denounce
  • Grand Crusader
  • Infusion of Light
  • Hammer of Wrath
  • Selfless Healer
  • Glyph of Double Jeopardy (off by default)
  • Holy Power
  • Bastion of Glory

Priest

• Borrowed Time
  • Divine Insight
  • Evangelism
  • Serendipity
  • Surge of Light
  • Surge of Darkness
  • Glyph of Mind Spike
  • Shadow Orb

Rogue

• Combo Points
  • Anticipation
  • Dispatch
  • Blindside

Shaman

• Elemental Focus
  • Searing Flame
  • Lava Surge
  • Lightning Shield
  • Maelstrom Weapon
  • Tidal Waves

Warlock

• Backdraft
  • Backlash
  • Havoc
  • Molten Core
  • Nightfall
  • Shadowburn
  • Demonic Rebirth
  • Soul Shards
  • Burning Embers
  • Demonic Fury

Warrior

• Bloodsurge
  • Raging Blow
  • Meat Cleaver
  • Execute
  • Ultimatum
  • Incite
  • Overpower
  • Revenge
  • Sudden Death
  • Sword and Board
  • Taste for Blood
  • Victory Rush

• 1 month later...

Hello, sorry to revive this topic but i've been trying to do something similar as the warlock's proc, but with the Death Knight's Killing Machine proc (51124). So it should cast Obliterate only when Killing Machine is UP. I want to do this with Lua, i thought it would work when i found this thread but it doesn't seem to be working at all.

I'm using the code posted before -> if (IsSpellOverlayed(51124)) then isOverlayed = "ok" else isOverlayed = "no" end

This is what debug says -> [Debug] 03:21 - Obliterate - NeedToRun = False - condition

Thanks =)

Hello, sorry to revive this topic but i've been trying to do something similar as the warlock's proc, but with the Death Knight's Killing Machine proc (51124). So it should cast Obliterate only when Killing Machine is UP. I want to do this with Lua, i thought it would work when i found this thread but it doesn't seem to be working at all.

I'm using the code posted before -> if (IsSpellOverlayed(51124)) then isOverlayed = "ok" else isOverlayed = "no" end

This is what debug says -> [Debug] 03:21 - Obliterate - NeedToRun = False - condition

Thanks =)

Try with this spell: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=51128  (replace spell id 51124 by 51128)