Relogger freezes client during login screen

Hi, 

I'm developing a product that requires me to stop/start the Relogger quite often. The relogger launches 5 WoW instances (WotLK).

My problem is that oftentime, 1, 2, or 3 of the wow clients freeze during the loading screen. Then it takes roughly 30 seconds for the Relogger to detect that a process is hanging and to restart the faulty client. As you can imagine, it's slowing me down quite a bit. The -nodx argument seems to fix this specific issue but then consistently causes crashes during runtime. Apparently, I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Is there any solution at all?

Hello, I don’t know how droidz is hooking wow but would be because it’s opening up the process and hooking it to read the toon name for the log in screen of wrobot.

Hi,

Without stop/start often you have this problem? If I stop/start manually can I reproduce this problem? When you stop the relogger do you close all instances (games/bot)?

I have 5 tasks ticked in the relogger, one for each of my characters. The way I start them is by pressing "Start Checked". That's pretty much the only way I use the relogger.

When I stop the relogger, I simply press "Stop and Kill all", which closes everything (game & bot)

`If I stop/start manually can I reproduce this problem?`

Not sure what you mean. If you mean the buttons called "Start/Stop" at the left of the task, then it's the same issue. Even if I start one single task, it has a chance to freeze.

I'd say it happens ~30% of the times overall.

I can't reproduce the problem.

I tried with one and several clients (several dozen times, maybe even a hundred).

I start a profile (or several) and click on "Kill All" when all are in game.

Are you sure it's not a wow addon that's causing the problem or a relogger configuration? Have you tried with a default wrobot (just installed with one of the relogger profiles)? Antivirus can also cause this problem.

You get the problem all time at same moment of login screen ?

My only wow addon is Recount. I don't have any particular antivirus. I play on a local server, so no proxy or VPN either. My wrobot install is not new, but still fairly recent.

image.thumb.png.514d9c4ae3715781a67e0981c2c34d8c.png

I don't know if this can help, but this a screenshot of an example I just took. I clicked "Start Checked" in the relogger. All wow/bot instances started, except the one you see frozen on the login screen. What happens next is that after 30 seconds, the client is detected as hanging, gets closed and restarted. It is usually not guaranteed that it doesn't freeze again after restart.

The freeze can happen for none, or multiple instances. It seems completely random.

The issue always happens at the same moment (when it's time for the bot to enter the account login/password).

Hit me up on discord if you need more info. I can stream it to you if needed.

In relogger general settings, "wait after launch" option has correct value for your computer? Do you use the option "Lock when launch.... (only this relogger process)" ?

If you launch only one instance you get also this probleme from time to time ? Do you have try to remove wow cache ?

image.png.c0a1fa7514e1309768ca724add7afdf4.png

These are my settings. To be honest, I've changed them so many times to try and fix the issue that I have no idea if it's right.

I have tried deleting my wow cache, it didn't help.

For the option "Lock when launch.... (only this relogger process)" , it was off. I turned it on and tried again, but I still got one freeze.

The freeze can happen even if I only launch one single instance.

I'm not home for 2 weeks, I'm watching this again when I get home. If you can just try with a new installation of WRobot (one relogger instance, even with a wow account that does not exist to see if the freeze this product from time to time or not).

I have just tried with a brand new WRobot install and still had the freeze on login screen, even with one single instance. 

But since you told me you weren't able to reproduce the bug, I thought it might come from my WoW client, so I tried with another one that was sitting on my computer, the client from Sunwell. No more freezes. Just to confirm I tried to launch my 5 instances with this client about 15 times and had no freeze. So that's it, the problem was the WoW client. Big relief. Thanks for your help.

If anyone has this issue, try downloading another WoW client.

• 3 months later...
On 7/25/2023 at 1:21 AM, Zer0 said:

I have just tried with a brand new WRobot install and still had the freeze on login screen, even with one single instance. 

But since you told me you weren't able to reproduce the bug, I thought it might come from my WoW client, so I tried with another one that was sitting on my computer, the client from Sunwell. No more freezes. Just to confirm I tried to launch my 5 instances with this client about 15 times and had no freeze. So that's it, the problem was the WoW client. Big relief. Thanks for your help.

If anyone has this issue, try downloading another WoW client.

I manually started wow.exe and Wrobot.exe without any issues.

But if I use relogger to manage wow.exe and Wrobot.exe,  the relogger will frequently restart wow.exe and Wrobot.exe.

On the same machine, manual startup is very ok, without any crashes, everything goes well. However, using relogger to manage wow.exe will repeatedly restart and restart. Is this also related to the wow.exe client?