[Archaeologist] Howto for beginners.

Droidz

Pretty basic for now, but I will edit and elaborate as I find bugs and see fit.

After launching WRobot, 

1. Select the Archaeologist plugin from the drop down.

2. In general settings, and put a mount in both ground and flight, I used the same mount to simplify, in my case Armored Blue Wind Rider, please also take note this is case sensitive, and spelling is extremely important. Save and exit the settings tab.

3. Ingame, make sure to check show digsites on your map

4. Click Start on bot

5. Profit.

By twizt3dkitty

• 3 weeks later...

Ok here we go, [Archaeologist] for beginners with Screenshots!!

Archaeology is a pretty neat profession and you can make some quick gold vendoring your trash and sometimes youll get a nice gem thats worth something :)  Anyhow,

First step is obviously to login to wow x86 on the toon you wish to bot with.

2nd, Launch WRobot and select the Archaeologist product

t8lsuv.jpg

Next you want to configure how the bot reacts to the environment while running this product, so click General Settings

3rd you need to select your fight class, note I am using default as I have another program that handles my spell casting, but you must select a fight class if you are in a 85-90 Area as the mobs will kill you if you dont attack them.  Please see the Fight Class section of the forums for more information.
2ufujxk.jpg

Also notice how no other options are checked off, were not leveling so nothing is needed here.  You dont want to use a spirit healer either because if you do die, you want to run back to your body as that is where your digsite is most likely located anyway.

4 Mount Options, you need to make sure to do this part right otherwise the bot will hang.  Select a ground mount, and a flying mount, making sure to pick two separate mounts (ie do not use a flying mount for your ground mount as well, because if you jump and start flying this could disrupt the path of the bot, it will fly where it needs to.  Also make sure to keep extras checked off here.

1fzkt2.jpg

5. Food and Drink isnt needed, but you can set defaults if you like, but it again isnt necessary, so next select your Looting and Farming Options

dm34t1.jpg

While this is again optional, why would you not want to loot what you kill and might as well pick up some chests and gathering.  Note if you are not a skinner or herber, the bot just wont do these, having them checked is fine.

6.  Relogger you can setup if you wish, that will attempt to relaunch wow should you dc. Vendor and Mail we are not going to use, so skip on down to stop game / security

35l84ee.jpg

You probably want to shut down your bot when your bags are full because you wont be able to loot anything further.  The other option here of interest is pause bot if nearby player.  This does just what it says, while I personally dont usually worry about it, some folks may wish to check this off, but please note if someone desides to follow you around, or just park in front of you, the bot will just sit there doing nothing until when and if the other party leaves.

7.  Click on Save and Close to lock your settings in, Then click on Start :)

8. Profit :D

Survey spell not found - stopping bot.

Did I forget something?

Normally this error appear when you don't have archaeologist skill. Do you have problem with another's product (bot)?

I have archaeologist skill - and the bot worked fine with Mmocrawlers archaeology (Tested with there 20 min session)

NO offense, but I have read every tutorial you have here, and the bot is still not working properly.   It doesn't mount,  just moves 2 feet, stops, jumps,  moves 2 feet, etc.

I have every requirement installed.  C## - .net 4.5 - and your laetst version. Kinda at my wits end ><

I had a guildie report this same error to me, when I went to check if the bot was updated (even though install was ran through my installer) it errored out. Still checking to see whats causing it.  I think it was c++ related.

Could you tell me if this update has solved any problems, also Creative and I will both be offering remote desktop assistance as a free service to anyone still having problems setting up the bot.  PM either of us for more details on this, it is not a permanent service as of yet, but we are both willing to help iron out the last of the release bugs.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

is working this plugin?, im interested in use, i buy a licence, i hope it works fine

sorry my eng.

Hello,

Yes this product works, you can try it with trial version of wrobot before buy license.

• 6 years later...

hello i have been trying to make it work for me i even test in in multi servers and reinstall the bot many time the arche not working other mods working 100% please help i been buying this bot since 5 years 

8 hours ago, hrt said:

hello i have been trying to make it work for me i even test in in multi servers and reinstall the bot many time the arche not working other mods working 100% please help i been buying this bot since 5 years 

Make sure you get the digsites xml file other wise the bot will just stand motionless. Other than that it does work fine although it has some pathing issues at times so I wouldn't leave it unattended for hours

On 2/12/2020 at 6:09 PM, Koalemos23 said:

Make sure you get the digsites xml file other wise the bot will just stand motionless. Other than that it does work fine although it has some pathing issues at times so I wouldn't leave it unattended for hours

where i can get the digsites xml?