Do you think profession skill makes good gold?

kazurengan

well i've been trying herb and mining and i make like 40k per day, that's nothing, since i want to try RMT.

I've been seeing people making 100k per hour, but i'm not sure if they use profession for farming or not.

on my server SLR costs like 10-20k per 200 stack but they're also very hard to farm.

How much you make per day with profession skills? I know it depends on servers, but i'm just curious

With the exception of automated Ah sniping - Anyone that can say they make 100K PROFIT an hour is likely full of it...More-so if they are 100% AFK botting.  That or they are making 20K in 12 minutes and saying " ... at this rate its 100k / hour OMG SO GOOD GUYZ!!" .

Either way 100K / hour is unlikely to be sustainable for hours on end as the market you are selling into will likely get saturated.

I still think botting with gathering profs is still the best for gold/hour.  My bots are mainly leather / herb farmers that run at 6-7K an hour and at the moment i run them 7-10 hours a day.  so im just above your 40K mark you think it a little low.  Majority of the mats i have go through a bank alt account and onto the AH.  I do have a handful of AH goblins who take bulk leather off my hands directly at 85% market price ( which means i dont show up on the AH with is nice).  At this point i have been running the same 5 accs since november last year.

Craft profession skills are nice- but at that point you are actually playing the game and not botting.  I know a lot of the Ah goblins i sell to take my mats to directly flip then into Oblit / Enchanting shards at a reasonable margin.  however that's hard to automate, im much happier to have my bots not making top dollar, but being reliable income which is easy to manage.

The better question is: if you DONT do gathering... how are you going to make the big money you are after in this game with botting?

I do RMT.  my gold buyer is paying $0.06/ K on most of my servers which means on average each bot is pulling in US $0.40 /Hour.  All up $2 / hour... After i pay my power bill i am left with some free magical internet money, certainly not going to be quitting my day job tho.

10 hours ago, eeny said:

After i pay my power bill i am left with some free magical internet money, certainly not going to be quitting my day job tho.

This.  

There is a definite time and money investment involved here, and it's definitely like gambling...

Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose, BIG...

You VERY rarely ever win BIG...

On ‎03‎-‎04‎-‎2017 at 3:42 AM, kazurengan said:

well i've been trying herb and mining and i make like 40k per day, that's nothing, since i want to try RMT.

I've been seeing people making 100k per hour, but i'm not sure if they use profession for farming or not.

on my server SLR costs like 10-20k per 200 stack but they're also very hard to farm.

How much you make per day with profession skills? I know it depends on servers, but i'm just curious

I mainly played on some RP servers, so for me it was more about farmning high demand transmorg gear - that could easily make me 50k+ an hour, with that limit, you would have to farm in diffent places with custom profiles at all time (and check out AH for "missing" gear).

But i belive you need to get a pretty decent ilvl - and use the time to complete the "more skinning/herb/mining" questes on your toons, for making  more gold in general.

But I most admit i never really got into the whole gold selling buisness, so i have no idea how much i would have made, as i simply deposited it all to a Gbank on my main - for next time i actually wanna play the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/04/2017 at 7:27 AM, Arcangelo said:

I mainly played on some RP servers, so for me it was more about farmning high demand transmorg gear - that could easily make me 50k+ an hour, with that limit, you would have to farm in diffent places with custom profiles at all time (and check out AH for "missing" gear).

But i belive you need to get a pretty decent ilvl - and use the time to complete the "more skinning/herb/mining" questes on your toons, for making  more gold in general.

But I most admit i never really got into the whole gold selling buisness, so i have no idea how much i would have made, as i simply deposited it all to a Gbank on my main - for next time i actually wanna play the game.

thats what i dont understand

you can easily make 50k an hour, but with professions bot i can only make 40k per day lol.

On 12/4/2017 at 5:53 PM, kazurengan said:

thats what i dont understand

you can easily make 50k an hour, but with professions bot i can only make 40k per day lol.

Again depending on your server, and what's needed.

If you are 1 / 100 running gathering 24/7 then ofc you won't make the big buck.

But if you find what's needed on each server (tradeable mount/transmorg gear/potions/materials/bags whatever you can farm and sell (or flip) will do - and by the 1 that does something more than just running for "star roses"

27 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

Again depending on your server, and what's needed.

If you are 1 / 100 running gathering 24/7 then ofc you won't make the big buck.

But if you find what's needed on each server (tradeable mount/transmorg gear/potions/materials/bags whatever you can farm and sell (or flip) will do - and by the 1 that does something more than just running for "star roses"

the problem is that there isn't any profiles to farm mounts/transmogs as far as i know :/

43 minutes ago, kazurengan said:

the problem is that there isn't any profiles to farm mounts/transmogs as far as i know :/

This only means = bigger profit :)

Use a day or something creating some nice profiles for yourself, nothing comes out of thin air

8 hours ago, kazurengan said:

I have only recently started Wrobot but have many years experience botting. Creating your own profiles is the way to go every single time!

If I was to start again, I would use a week or so, simply checking out AH on my server, and out for the that make a priority list over what to farm and when to sale.

And then create some profiles out from that, also go out and check the world, for places where it is possible to farm without getting reported. I've rather keep my account going for some extra months instead of suicide botting