Target management

Minerals

Any way to to get WRotation to shift targets or even stop attacking a target? Embarrassing when it keeps Shadow Stepping behind the vendor and not great for escaping in a BG.  ALT-X doesn't seem to do anything for me.  Something else I should be doing?

I too have some trouble w/ the WRotation to this effect. As well as Party mode. Seems to want to attack a target until it is dead, in LFR, that can be bad. When I set it to follow/assist party members it will assist for the first target, any subsequent targets after that however it ignores unless first target is dead.

Okay.  But since, from what I understand, WRotation is used as a "aid" to combat and not as a combat management tool, there should be some way to change targets "midstream," so-to-speak or to break from a target completely and haul ass.  OR, at least, if necessary, to pause WRotation with a hotkey, change targets and start it up again.  It does a great job of sticking with the target that's been chosen and that works fine for grinding (though I don't know why anyone wouldn't just make a grind profile for whatever area they're in) but I'd like to use it in BG's more as an aid to combat management. I make big decisions like where I'm going and what I'm trying to kill and WRotation managing the mundane killing of things.  Plus, it's embarrassing to have it "stuck" on a target and run right into the middle of the opposing team like a lamb being lead to slaughter.

I'll give it a try.  I also noticed that it seems to be fight class profile related also.  I don't seem to have the same problems with my hunter and paladin fight profiles as I do with the rogue one.  That's anecdotal, though, since I haven't done any real testing.  I'll play around with it and see what I can figure out.  Thanks.

Figured out part of the problem.  

I am using [fall0ut] PvE Combat Rogue v22.xml as my rogue profile and part of the problem stems from Stealth and Shadowstep.  Since both can be used outside of combat, every time you target something--friendly or not--stealth kicks in and if Shadowstep is off cooldown--boom--you're behind 'em.  My fix for it is to add a target checking LUA script to both of those spells to determine if the target is friendly or not.

Added to Stealth spell "LUA Script

LUA Script: retV = UnitIsEnemy("player","target")

Return Value Search: 1

Return Value Var: retV

Now it doesn't go into stealth unless the target is "unfriendly."  However, if for some reason you manually went into Stealth with a friendly target--boom!--say hello to their backsides.  So....

Added to Shadowstep:

Have Target = True

Add "LUA Script

Return Value Search: 1

Return Value Var: retV

No more out-of-control Shadowstepping.

If there's an easier way to control this, please feel free to post.

• 1 month later...

Any way to to get WRotation to shift targets or even stop attacking a target? Embarrassing when it keeps Shadow Stepping behind the vendor and not great for escaping in a BG.  ALT-X doesn't seem to do anything for me.  Something else I should be doing?

That can be fixed in your fight class. Add the option to only use if the target is attacking you. Or set a manual range to use it if Target Distance > 20 yards.

• 7 months later...

Figured out part of the problem.  

I am using [fall0ut] PvE Combat Rogue v22.xml as my rogue profile and part of the problem stems from Stealth and Shadowstep.  Since both can be used outside of combat, every time you target something--friendly or not--stealth kicks in and if Shadowstep is off cooldown--boom--you're behind 'em.  My fix for it is to add a target checking LUA script to both of those spells to determine if the target is friendly or not.

Added to Stealth spell "LUA Script

Return Value Search: 1

Return Value Var: retV

Now it doesn't go into stealth unless the target is "unfriendly."  However, if for some reason you manually went into Stealth with a friendly target--boom!--say hello to their backsides.  So....

Added to Shadowstep:

Have Target = True

Add "LUA Script

Return Value Search: 1

Return Value Var: retV

No more out-of-control Shadowstepping.

If there's an easier way to control this, please feel free to post.

thx mate :) that helped me to fix my profile :D