How Do You Sell Your Gold Safely? (Prevent Refunds)

tneticniro

After been using this bot for a while, I've gathered a decent amount of gold that I'd like to sell but I'm curious to hear from others how you sell your gold "safely" so you wont be getting refunds from buyers? Is paypal safe for virtual goods or is there some other site which is better for this?

your big issue here is a paypal charge-back, which is possible if the buyer isnt good.

Personally i used the big guys on  ownedcore with good trade rep- they cant afford to have someone giving them a bad review.

Never had a refund request from selling gold to them.

Yeah chargebacks is also what im afraid of, but theres no "safe" payment sites then?, if thats the case then i guess i  might as well use paypal and hope for the best :/

Just start with a small amount in the first 1-3 sales. See if they try to fuck you over. 
I also sold most of my gold in local WoW facebook group to players I know.

I've always sold to the Chinese re-sellers, honestly.

Sure, they pay less than what you can get if you sell yourself, but they're always buying, they always pay promptly and I've never had a chargeback.

I've sold ~ 30-40 million in the last year with no issues.

3 minutes ago, Hapiguy said:

I've always sold to the Chinese re-sellers, honestly.

Sure, they pay less than what you can get if you sell yourself, but they're always buying, they always pay promptly and I've never had a chargeback.

I've sold ~ 30-40 million in the last year with no issues.

Yes indeed. I used to sell to them as well back when prices were stable. Just recently the offered to pay 0,03 $ / 1k Gold. With Paypal taxes and the current exchange rate you only get around 2,50 Euro / 100.000 Gold. Which is barely worth the effort any more.

17 hours ago, Moonpie said:

Yes indeed. I used to sell to them as well back when prices were stable. Just recently the offered to pay 0,03 $ / 1k Gold. With Paypal taxes and the current exchange rate you only get around 2,50 Euro / 100.000 Gold. Which is barely worth the effort any more.

True, it's around 6-10 cents per K on US currently.

Once the waves come and wipe up a HUGE portion of the market that has been botting relentlessly the past 5+ months, it will have several effects on both the individual server economies, as well as on the rate that gold sellers are paying.

Most larger endgame progression guilds tend to sell gear runs to buy gold to buy* things like cauldrons/potions or the herbs to produce them in large quantities, so when they're cheap because there's an overabundance on the AH, they don't go through nearly as much gold per week, etc.

9 minutes ago, Hapiguy said:

True, it's around 6-10 cents per K on US currently.

WoW thats actually still pretty good.

11 minutes ago, Hapiguy said:

Once the waves come and wipe up a HUGE portion of the market that has been botting relentlessly the past 5+ months, it will have several effects on both the individual server economies, as well as on the rate that gold sellers are paying.

This!

I can confirm a way that Paypal transactions cannot be withdrawn by the sender.

Ask them to send it as a "Gift" or "Donation", that way Paypal wont allow the sender to ask their money back.

51 minutes ago, Luihu said:

I can confirm a way that Paypal transactions cannot be withdrawn by the sender.

Ask them to send it as a "Gift" or "Donation", that way Paypal wont allow the sender to ask their money back.

How can you tell it's been sent as a Gift then?

On 5/27/2017 at 3:35 PM, Luihu said:

When they send it to you, ask them to use the right option and add a note, like "thanks for the loan" or "heres my share of the dinner" etc. etc.

https://gyazo.com/8ad56d9dab4d8831b917c430e5b4a129

They can do that when they send it as 'goods and services', they simply need to use a calculator to know how much to add so you get the correct amount.

A smart buyer will never send money to someone they don't personally know as 'Friends & Family'...

'Goods and services' can be recalled or refunded.