WRobot Targeting Units

I am curious if WRobot targets units around the player on its own. It seems that once I finish combat with a unit or multiple units, I immediately target the next closest unit around me.
Maybe I missed an option in Settings somewhere?

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, apexx said:

I am curious if WRobot targets units around the player on its own. It seems that once I finish combat with a unit or multiple units, I immediately target the next closest unit around me.
Maybe I missed an option in Settings somewhere?

Thanks!

What kind of botbase are you using? The target engine is in the product so its different.

It appears to be happening in Wrath of the Lich King. I turned the bot off, disabled all addons, and checked settings.
When I initiated combat with one unit (surrounded by other units not in aggro range) and killed the mob, If I was to continue
mashing the ability buttons, it automatically targets the next mob around me despite not being in combat anymore.

8 minutes ago, Apexx said:

It appears to be happening in Wrath of the Lich King. I turned the bot off, disabled all addons, and checked settings.
When I initiated combat with one unit (surrounded by other units not in aggro range) and killed the mob, If I was to continue
mashing the ability buttons, it automatically targets the next mob around me despite not being in combat anymore.

Yeah noticed it, too. Thats why i was asking if its happenm to you too. Didn't know you are playing wotlk, too. Welcome to the club:wub:

Just now, Apexx said:

/console stopAutoAttackOnTargetChange 1

I wonder if there is another cvar close to this to disable Auto Targeting all together.

Well normaly you just need to make sure that you really stop using skills after the target is dead.

Just now, Apexx said:

You would think using !player.inCombat would register that effect.

Make sure that your spell validation contains Me.HasTarget && !Me.TargetObject.IsDead
Well if you are validating InCombat you will get in trouble if you want that the bot attack enemies who are not in fight.

17 minutes ago, Apexx said:

I can add those checks. What do you mean get in trouble?

I mean that if you use wrotation and use a validation like this:

// Invalid
if(ObjectManager.Me.TargetObject.IsDead || !ObjectManager.Me.TargetObject.InCombat)
{
 return; 
}

The bot wont attack any mobs who are not in combat. You need attack them by yourself first before the bot does something.

those checks should be enough i think. Just modified my own one.

/// <summary>
        /// Determine if the spell can be cast
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="target">The target we want to cast at</param>
        /// <returns>Returns true if we can cast the spell, otherwise false</returns>
        public bool IsValid(WoWUnit target, WoWSpell spell)
        {
            // Target available?
            if (target == null)
            {
                // Skip
                return false;
            }

// Validate own conditions
            if (ObjectManager.Me.Silenced || ObjectManager.Me.IsStunned)
            {
                // Skip
                return false;
            }

// Valid?
            if (target.IsDead || !spell.IsKnown || !spell.IsSpellUsable || !spell.IsDistanceGood || TraceLine.TraceLineGo(target.Position))
            {
                // Skip
                return false;
            }

// Return
            return true;
        }

The Protection Warrior Fight Class I am making is more for those that would rather control their own character in game. Such things like targeting and initial pulling would be up to the player.
However, if the user would like to allow the Fight Class to pull (Found in Settings), it was an issue with Wrath of the Lich King that once the initial targeted mob died, the in-game auto target
feature continuously makes my character go as long as there are mobs around me (despite setting the advanced settings for eating at certain health percentage) because of how quick the
auto target reacts.

6 minutes ago, Apexx said:

The Protection Warrior Fight Class I am making is more for those that would rather control their own character in game. Such things like targeting and initial pulling would be up to the player.
However, if the user would like to allow the Fight Class to pull (Found in Settings), it was an issue with Wrath of the Lich King that once the initial targeted mob died, the in-game auto target
feature continuously makes my character go as long as there are mobs around me (despite setting the advanced settings for eating at certain health percentage) because of how quick the
auto target reacts.

Ah i see, well i'm doing the same.

Its a bit out of topic but here is my small rotation i made to tank some stuff. Its way not optimized :rolleyes:
Protection.cs

Edited by iMod
Hero

• 3 weeks later...

This is another thing that is built-in-game lol. If you click (melee), abilities usually in a distance like 0-20 yards, it will auto target the closest enemy in your view.   This, if I am not mistaken, is how the game work. It is not a bug. But if you have a macro for each ability that has condition (have target/true = fire ability) then it would fix the problem since it will never use this ability unless have a target.. Due to latency difference, bot press an extra ability after the mob is dead so it targets whoever is near.