[Battlegrounder] Buff-Mount-Dismount-Buff-Mount...

Hello, I have a problem, mentioned in this topic:

https://wrobot.eu/forums/topic/6684-bot-does-not-buff-party-members/

I'm using wotlk version, 3.3.5. If u don't want to read the post I explain in few words: I have set the buffs for my Priest at max priority, cast on mount=false, combat only=false, and in conditions me in combat=false.

This way when I die and I ress at the spirit, I should buff myself (inner fire, vampiric embrace, fear ward, stamina, spirit, shadow prot) and then procede. What happens is it mounts and dismounts between one buff and the other one, instead of buffing everything in sequence and then mounting only when finished. It looks very stupid.

Any idea of what could be the cause? It's like the mount option has #1 priority over the fight class..

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 3:25 AM, scripterx said:

Hello, I have a problem, mentioned in this topic:

https://wrobot.eu/forums/topic/6684-bot-does-not-buff-party-members/

I'm using wotlk version, 3.3.5. If u don't want to read the post I explain in few words: I have set the buffs for my Priest at max priority, cast on mount=false, combat only=false, and in conditions me in combat=false.

This way when I die and I ress at the spirit, I should buff myself (inner fire, vampiric embrace, fear ward, stamina, spirit, shadow prot) and then procede. What happens is it mounts and dismounts between one buff and the other one, instead of buffing everything in sequence and then mounting only when finished. It looks very stupid.

Any idea of what could be the cause? It's like the mount option has #1 priority over the fight class..

Hello, mind sharing your fight class ?

On 27/8/2017 at 6:23 AM, lonellywolf said:

Hello, mind sharing your fight class ?

Maybe when I will complete it, but not sure. What you need it for, check settings or u need a fight class?

If you just need a fight class you can try this:

https://wrobot.eu/files/file/1325-free-avvis-shadow-priest-leveling-1-70/

5 hours ago, scripterx said:

Maybe when I will complete it, but not sure. What you need it for, check settings or u need a fight class?

If you just need a fight class you can try this:

https://wrobot.eu/files/file/1325-free-avvis-shadow-priest-leveling-1-70/

Just wanted to see how your buffs are setup to determine if thats the issue. I mean, mine doesn't do that.. I was gonna compare it to mine and see.

3 hours ago, lonellywolf said:

Try this without changing anything and see.

Priest_Shadow_pvp_edited.xml

Thanks, just tested, no modifications.

1st Resurrect > Inner Fire > Mount > Dismount > Fear Ward > Other random buffs > Mount...

2nd Resurrect > Inner Fire > Shadow Protection > Fortitude > Random Buffs > Mount > Dismount > Vampiric Embrace

3rd Resurrect > It was perfect, but only because I resurrected in a cave where I couldn't mount (Alterac Valley). So while the char was running he was also buffing himself. I think the problem is kinda the resurrect zone, like the first thing the bot tries to do is Mounting, and then check the fight class. Because in arena preparation warsong gulch, arathi basin, it's no problem, but when it comes to resurreect at some open air graveyard in the battlefield there is no chance i get full buffed before mounting..If i'm lucky I get an Inner Fire and maybe a Vampiric Embrace, but most of times it just throw a random buff then Mount, and dismount, and another buff and so on..And if you check my fight class they have all the same settings, so if the Inner Fire works (90% of times), why don't the other buff work aswell?

4th Resurrect > Inner Fire > Stamina > Mount > Dismount > Vampiric Embrace > Spirit > Shadow Prot. Again open field graveyard where u can mount.

Idk what to think.. I wanted to implement even the Group Buffs like Prayer of "XXX" but until I fix this problem I won't bother in adding such features..I wanted to create a perfect class you know :|

Alright same issues:

Inner Fire>Mount>Dismount>Vampiric Embrace>Mount>Shadowform>Start running. Then after a while it dismounted for some reason and then it buffed missing buffs.

I don't know what's the problem..I also opened your fight class profile to check the changes, you basically added the condition "In battleground = true", right? I idn't notice anything else changed (maybe I forgot the "false" on "check target is in view" and other similar options from the upper-right menu, but that won't make difference, I changed that option many times and speaking to self buff it was not a big deal to leave it as "true", pretty sure) :/

On 9/3/2017 at 2:30 PM, scripterx said:

Alright same issues:

Inner Fire>Mount>Dismount>Vampiric Embrace>Mount>Shadowform>Start running. Then after a while it dismounted for some reason and then it buffed missing buffs.

I don't know what's the problem..I also opened your fight class profile to check the changes, you basically added the condition "In battleground = true", right? I idn't notice anything else changed (maybe I forgot the "false" on "check target is in view" and other similar options from the upper-right menu, but that won't make difference, I changed that option many times and speaking to self buff it was not a big deal to leave it as "true", pretty sure) :/

Actually, You had it like this "cast in mount = true " so I changed that to false, you had that on all your buffs except one of them. Also, from my experience, I noticed having the "Is buff=true" can cause some issues so I changed that to false. Anyways, right now with my current buff setup, when you revive, it will buff inner fire only > then mount. It will continue buffing next time it dismount and not in combat. But at least it will not spam mount / dismount like it used to. You will not look as bottish.

The condition " In battleground " was added by you not me... i

In BG profile, it automatically pick a target to follow after revive. Therefore, it is forced to mount and follow that target and neglect buffing. Just the same as if you were using party profile... So.

EDIT: just wanted to add that *this is my conclusion, I could be wrong.

Yea I set "cast in mount true" to force dismount and buff, since i was already experiencing the problem and I thought that would fix the problem (somehow). I noticed too the "is buff true" is kinda random..

And yea the battlegeound condition maybe be added by me, sorry I forgot!

Well maybe adding buffs with lua code or C will stop the mount and force the buffs, I will try that.. Thanks :)